Problems at FTE

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Daplumma

Problems at FTE

Post by Daplumma »

FBP has left again and wondering if he is a member here.Would also like to thank everyone here for all of the great info!
Joe
greythorn3

Post by greythorn3 »

fte has been giving me problems the last month and them guys say they are working on it.. its cartzy im so dang mad abnout it.. i payed for a membership!!

Ray
wheelordie.com my alaska offroad website
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

Isn't it interesting on Slick 60's anytime you type in FTE, it says Another Truck Website instead of FTE. I didn't realize that until earlier when I typed in FTE and it said Another Truck Website. I'm surprised it is capitalized. I figured that FTE would be in lower case at the very maximum. And I hope this made sense to all who read it...
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Gene

Its called censorship...............................

Hence the refrence in my signature..............................

Garbz

PS your way behind the times brother....LOL
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

I quit over there after my computer crashed and I lost the bookmark. Arguing with NumberGenius became tiresome.
Can't say I've missed it. :P
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Yeah, I am a member here and have belonged to Slick 60's quite awhile. :steering:

I proudly served elsewhere as I was trying to help Slick trucks and people who want what I offer, in order to save Slicks. But I'm no longer trustworty there because I don't take an oath of trust & drop my guard. I was not helping people for money. Lately I've not been helping too much, it's been more like arguing with idiots, who'd rather disagree than learn. I don't need that grief in my life, but the tracking cookies, and non-navigability if I choose to run adequate security to protect my system is a bit over the top, if anyone were to ask me. ss_pokes2.gif

I've got BIG problems with having to reregister everytime I go there, or else swear I trust another truck site so I can get on, or else turn off my security so another truck site can track my system and/ or activities on my system. Give me a break. :arse:

I'm not afraid the idiots will hack my computer that's the other truck sites response to my complaint. I believe my compound, multilevel security protects me from hackers, crackpots, idiots, unwanted intrusions & solicitations by unknown intruders. I should be allowed to protect my system & self from who ever I want, and I want to protect myself from them and their vagaries, in spite of their denials and insults towards me.

Their biggest PITA is thinking I care more about them & their games than I do about anything else, including my system. How wrong they are. shrug.gif

Banjo warned me a couple months ago when he finally quit in frustration himself. I upgraded some of my security programs with Some new signatures and low & behold guess who was tracking again? To be on there I would need to put up with their adds again, 'til recently their adds were little boxes with a red "X" in them. Now when I go there I have to subject myself to all the crap, or else stay away. . . . what a No Brainer that was.

As far as plastic goes? I have none, and have not had any and will not get any because I got caught in an electronic transfer scheme for just under $10 LARGE in the millennium year. Thank the Lord for my brother who is a Major Case Investigator in a large metro PD. He told me about our own Comptroller of the U.S. Treasuary, in Dallas. It took a while but institution involved then did return all of the embezeled funds as req'd by the Interstate Electronic Banking Act of 1984, a federal statute meant to protect us from electronic predation involving U.S. Funds or U.S. Financial Institutions. That cured me of plastic for currency. Actually I do have some plastic, my CDL, my Insurance & Prescription cards, and stuff like that. BUT I have no plastic that accesses cash or authority to access cash or other personal properties or items.

Another truck site called me Paranoid, thats Okay, my conscienous thinks I am informed and smart to apply what I learned, so what means more to me, what some jerk thinks, or what makes me secure & content too? Duh?
So I'll let the powers that be over there watch the grass grow like they said they would rather do. :hm:

I'll keep on enjoying myself with people who care enough, to not care what I do with my PC. :cheers:

CIAO Y'all :thumright:

THE FBp Bolt.gif
Change is the Only Constant
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Bad for them. That just leaves Garbz over there as anyone who knows his arse from a hole in the ground. The misinformation there can be astounding.
I leave the frustrations of arguing with someone who knows everything to others now, as I have had my share of high blood pressure from that there (and here sometimes), and leave it up to younger healthier individuals now, as life is too short.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

That just leaves Garbz over there as anyone who knows his arse from a hole in the ground.

Jeeze my head wont fit through the door now....

Man like the kid with the Y block, Installed the gears ala a late model and cranked her up. I cant tell him he fucked the engine... Just wont accept the fact. I told him when he first asked as to why his Y ran rough after a timing chain swap..........

And i have been proven wrong numerous times........Well only once....

Garbz
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

greythorn3 wrote:Another truck website has been giving me problems the last month and them guys say they are working on it.. its cartzy im so dang mad abnout it.. i payed for a membership!!

Ray

you get what you pay for.
never paid for anything here except some shirts and hats.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Daplumma

Post by Daplumma »

Glad to see all y'all are around here.I gave up on it a while back,just couldn't take much more of their intrusive website.The fact that you can only open so many posts without logging in is a little troubling.
Joe
1965 250 Camper Special
390,650 double pumper,headers,410 gears,saginaw power steering,front power disc brakes and pertrinix ignition.
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

REQUEST----

Could we get elastic hats in the next order.............well at least one for Davey!!!!

I'd send ya a binkie but it's probably too warm for that.

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Just poked my head in over there, and get a nice note telling me I have not posted in over 2 weeks and they need me.
Yeah right. :roll:
And 2 notes in my PM box from a spambot trying to sell me some crap. And 10,000 ads.
And trying to get you to fork out for a membership.
And, the usual snot attitiude and infighting and backbiting.
And a bunch of misinformation, the one that sticks that was worst, had a whole pile of BS, Garbz was desperately trying to fix, about steering columns 8)
Good luck on that Dave.
Ima take the freebie here, Like Ice says.
But hey I am Frugal ;) I like getting what I don't pay for.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Ummmm Binky.........Up in the coal country that has another meaning Tim.........Specially when its cold out....

I about froze to death this mornin. Its in the 60s......

Garbz

PS

Mr K reads every post here so keep up the kind words....
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Garbz wrote:
Mr K reads every post here so keep up the kind words....

then he must feel just like W hearing the daily news read to him by his uncle Dick.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Just poked my head in over there, and get a nice note telling me I have not posted in over 2 weeks and they need me.
Yeah right. :roll:
And 2 notes in my PM box from a spambot trying to sell me some crap. And 10,000 ads.
And trying to get you to fork out for a membership.

Holy crapolee!! :shock: I'm damned glad I've never done anything more there than lurk...like maybe once every third month. What a bunch of Nazi-ish... :bs:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
66 POJ

Post by 66 POJ »

FORDBOYpete wrote:Yeah, I am a member here and have belonged to Slick 60's quite awhile. :steering:

THE FBp Bolt.gif

I got banned in your "farewell" thread! I posted the "lies" smilie under Kens post! :D
1966 F-100 LB
1966 F-250 LB
2003 F-150 ex-cab 4x4
2003 Explorer EB
2004 Mach 1

Frank
61ford

Post by 61ford »

how funny!guess you too found it if you in any way cross that guy or his site he says screw you.WOW if he sits here and reads all the post here bc were his "competition" dude needs a life
Ryan

61 Ford f100 Unibody short bed
351w/Aod
Comet

Post by Comet »

Drink the Koolaid, really it's fine! ;)
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
greythorn3

Post by greythorn3 »

Hats and shirts here? cool! i gotaa get some of those!!

Ray
wheelordie.com my alaska offroad website
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Still got the caps. another order going in this week. $12 includes shipping, etc. All proceeds go the Slick Stock 08. Just 258 days! :D

send to
Gerry Allen
12205 NW Yukon Road
Parkville, MO 64152