New to the forum

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

oldtrucks
United States of America

New to the forum

Post by oldtrucks »

Hi There

My name is mike and I restore old cars and trucks in my retirement years. I have restored a 61 uni recently and it was Raffeled off at our local car show as a fund raiser for the local chamber of commerce. Did very well and was won by a local parts store owner.
The reason I am posting on this thread is when we did the 61 the frame and lower cab was pretty well gone and we used a non uni frame and lower cab including doors. Sectioned it from the cowl down. then we shortened the frame of the doner cab. We used the non uni cab mounts along with all the uni bed mount locations. Worked out very well as it stiffened the body to frame mounting.
On another forum a couple of years ago some one used a aerostar front end on a slick. Has any one heard of or done this swap as I am thinking of doing it to my 62 uni. I have a few pictures posted in the album section for all to see. The pictures were taken when we bought this truck for the high price of $300.00 I drive this truck on a regular basis and have plans to make this one a show stopper soon.
Thanks for listening
Z-MAN

Post by Z-MAN »

I think Johnny Canuck used an aerostar front end and I know he will have pics

Z
oldtrucks
United States of America

New to the forum

Post by oldtrucks »

Z-Man

Thanks for the reply. If Johnny Canuck has done the swap and he is listening I would like to find out all I can about the swap. Like, what year is best ect I have access to a variety of aerostars.
greythorn3

Post by greythorn3 »

howdy and welcome!

Ray
wheelordie.com my alaska offroad website