Speedway catalog

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

don luster

Speedway catalog

Post by don luster »

Just received my new speedway catalog and the disc brake rotor kits are price at about 275 dollars . Which seems like a good price. It does not include the flex hoses. Has anyone else tried their kit and if so are you pleased with them? Thanks Don
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

Don,
That looks like the ECI kit that I used on mine. worked out real good. Did have to grind a little excess metal off the chebby calipers to allow full turn, but no problem with it. I used the brake hoses from a 1974 Chebby Impala. You will also have to get the axle nut set for the disk type hubs so you can properly adjust your wheel bearings. I bought the axle nut set from aitozone for IIRC about 6 dollars. You also need to get a MC setup, I used a MC for a 71 F100. I have all the part numbers if you need them.
Fred
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Actually I believe those would be Classic Performances Brackets in that kit (ECI's are made with 4 bolt holes). They are easier to work with than ECIs but the caliper mod is the some for both. The ECI kit can have fit issues that require further modification where as CPP's are more bolt on. Here is my install with the CPP setup.

http://www.fordtruk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2647
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Unibodyguy1

Speedway Catalog.

Post by Unibodyguy1 »

Greg,
excellent article on the disk brake conversion, I didn't look that over before, it brings up some very good points during the conversion. Now if we could only get the parts supplyers to be that though!

Michael
don luster

Post by don luster »

Thanks gang, That was nice to post the article of doing the job. that will come in handy in the future. Don
needmoretime

Post by needmoretime »

I spoke with Speedway and ordered the kit last week. They told me they get them from CPP and the price is excellent. Hoses are not included.

WK
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

needmoretime wrote:I spoke with Speedway and ordered the kit last week. They told me they get them from CPP and the price is excellent. Hoses are not included.

WK

I should've mentioned that, based on what I spent buying all the parts separate Speedy Bill's price is very good. I would have spent less time driving to Lincoln from Omaha (bout an hour trip) and getting most of it in one stop than I spent at the parts store sorting out what to use.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
don luster

Post by don luster »

I ordered my kit last night by snail mail. Let me know if anyone has problems with their kit etc. I sure looking forward to receiving mine. They told me last week that the small bearing is backordered and thats why I sent it snail mail and hope it will be there by the time the mail arrives. Don