O/T....Any Other Street Rodders in here?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ezrodder

O/T....Any Other Street Rodders in here?

Post by ezrodder »

Maybe off topic a bit but I use my 66 as a parts chaser for my rodding habit and just wondered if any other members were into street rods too.

I am in the (extremely slow) proces of building a 48 Pontiac convertible.

Not a rod but my wife has a 69 Firebird and really likes the 66.

Steve...ezrodder
You get more done with kind words and a gun than you do with just kind words....Al Capone
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

28 Ford Tudor Sedan
36 Ford Truck ton&1/2
Both are works in progress. Always loved car from day one. Can't have to many now can we. :D
Tom Williams
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Don't know if I can call myself a street rodder but definitely am a hot rodder. Trying to lay claim the an A bone coupe I located, Y block 3x2s or dual quad, screw the noise gonna run zoomies on it.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
ezrodder

Post by ezrodder »

Greg D wrote:Don't know if I can call myself a street rodder but definitely am a hot rodder. Trying to lay claim the an A bone coupe I located, Y block 3x2s or dual quad, screw the noise gonna run zoomies on it.

I hear ya on the hotrodder tag. I just like old cars/trucks. Don't care if they are street rods hot rods antiques or what. Kind of the same way with people who own /drive 'em (key word DRIVE) Street Rodder, Hotrodder Antiquer whatever most are OK in my book! Guess I should have worded it better.

Steve............ezrodder
You get more done with kind words and a gun than you do with just kind words....Al Capone
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

I am with you guys on this one. I love anything from the 1900-1950's and SOME 60's.
I own a 46 Chrysler 3 window coupe, 48 Chevy coupe, 66 F100, 76 F150, 68 Lincoln Continental 2 door. I used to own a 54 Chevy Hardtop and an 85 Chevy C10 pickup but not anymore I got rid of most of my Chevy's besides the 48. I like them all though. I am looking for a 20's or 30's vehicle next. Oh.... did I mention I am only 20 years old? Hehe, I think I've had more old cars than I've had girlfriends and they have been better to me. :D
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

I hang with a group of rodders. They have taught me a lot about hot rodding. I have my 1956 F100 panel truck that has been highly modified. It has a Camaro subframe, 351 Cleveland, AOD, 9" rearend. It sets in the corner of my shed waiting the day I hit the lottery and can afford paint. I got a 46 International Harvestor truck last summer that I want to Rat rod. It will have a 300 6 cylinder and probably an AOD. Got my eyes on a 5 speed right now though. Looking at a Volare' or Jag front end.
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

You can never have to many old cars or hot rods. This is my 29 Delivery that I drive until I get my slick done.
Kevin
kstones63
95 F350 Flatbed Dually Diesel
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

That 29 delivery is nice!
Over the last couple years my Mustang habit has drifted to collectible Fox bodies, I still like the early cars but got tired of looking at 8K 6 cylinder coupes that needed redone properly.
My 62 is being done what I call period correct for it's age. Lowered scalloped, all done old school aside from the 302 engine upgrade.
Guess I am at both ends of the spectrum.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Phil

Post by Phil »

Not really a Hotrodder unless you count my 62 slick since that is my oldest and most modified vehicle.

I'm more of a street bruiser type

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/fb37 ... 42ffb6.htm
Someday I'll get another slick :(
Horsepower

Post by Horsepower »

<--------- Street Rodder 4 sho...........

Street Rodders rule! If you gonna build it drive the wheels off it!!!!
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

This is all I have..................
http://www.svt-enthusiast.com/modules/g ... ics?page=1
Jim
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

There are lotas hotrodders in here,
Shiny on Vancouver island is a died in the wool one
ElPolako is another
there's a guy in michigan has his own shop too like the ones above
and then there's comet in seattle,, too many to list really.

I myself can appreciate hot rods is they are done right, IE ford in a ford.[albumimg]2582[/albumimg]

If not, they are less than dog poo on my boot to me.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
frank66
United States of America

Post by frank66 »

My dad had this '36 for a while.

I just noticed you can see the reflection of my '66 in the door.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Frank. That's either a '35 or has a '35 hood, a '36 has the ford logo up just behind the rad. Also a 36 doesn't have external horns on the fenders.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
frank66
United States of America

Post by frank66 »

I didn't know that.

He bought it like this and planned on re-doing the entire truck but never got around to it. It was his daily driver for a few years and then traided it for a Harley.

Here's a better shot of the hood.

Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

32-37 are some of my favourite trucks in the whole world, skip the 38 and 39 and culminating in the most beautiful truck ever built, the 40-41 ford.
So I know a bit about them. This is a 36 Ford hood, fenders.
Notice the lack of horns and the logo placement.
Also,notice the different front bumper.
Last edited by Johnny Canuck on December 16, 2007, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My65

Post by My65 »

So far I gots my '65 Merc, and a '55 Buick Special 4dr hardtop. I told the wife the other day, that I got a funny feeling in my bones that we will be "adopting" a '20's-'40's" sedan this coming year. And she had the gall to accuse me of managing her expectations... :twisted: :roll:
Weird is relative, and my relatives are really weird!!
unibodyboy

Post by unibodyboy »

I might be a hotrodder :-)
Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15.13
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

My65 wrote:So far I gots my '65 Merc, and a '55 Buick Special 4dr hardtop. I told the wife the other day, that I got a funny feeling in my bones that we will be "adopting" a '20's-'40's" sedan this coming year. And she had the gall to accuse me of managing her expectations... :twisted: :roll:

Jason. Having met your lovely and charming wife, I suspect the inverse may be true.. 8) :lol:
66camperspecial
United States of America

Post by 66camperspecial »

I only have one vehicle that could be considered a streetrod,its a 37 chevy p/u that has been passed down in the family. Its basicly a restored truck with a 57 235 hooked to the original trans and rear end,its apart now getting a 8 inch and a S10 5 speed behind the 235 plus a dropped axle and disc brakes up front. If something happens to the 235 it will get a 240/300 or a sbf.