Texas Vouchers

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jakdad

Texas Vouchers

Post by jakdad »

I see where the State of Texas is offering up to $3500.00 in vouchers for old vehicles toward the purchase of a new vehicle. Gentlemen, this is the nose of the camel under the tent. They are coming after our old cars and trucks. This will ultimately lead to a scrap program. They are sugar coating it now, but do not buy into it. Call or write your state reps and senators. Whatever is on the books now can be repealed. Do not accept their "Form Letter" answers. Act now!!!
Thanks for the rant!!
Jim
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

I have a couple of parts rigs that I could trade for $3500 if they would just give me cash. Heck for $2000 I would be glad to bring a couple over. It would help me pay for slickstock. All kidding aside sounds sneaky and low down.
btalley

You probably make too much money.

Post by btalley »

There is a limit on how much money you make to be able to use this program.
jakdad

Re: You probably make too much money.

Post by jakdad »

btalley wrote:There is a limit on how much money you make to be able to use this program.

This is just the begining. Look big picture.
Jim
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Jakdad is right, this stuff has been done (primarily by the left) for years. Vouchers are just a way to gloss it over thinking we a too dumb to figure them out. If they had their way they would show up at ALL our doors tomorrow with a tow truck and just take our old cars/trucks and crush them. Hey Washington, here's some pollution for you!
:arse:
They come after my stuff they had better bring the Marines - ALL of them!
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

And I second :arse: !!!!
Jim
65TremecGT
United States of America

Post by 65TremecGT »

Its crazy to me to target our old trucks and cars. What % of the vehicles on the road are even 90's and older? We are not the problem, most of us dont even drive these oldies every day. But they let mexico junkers come up here smoking all over the place, the same junkers that couldnt pass smog here so were exported to mexico! leave us and our old cars alone!

We should be given a break for driving a nearly totally recycleable vehicle in the first place, in stead of being made out of plastic and foam, ours are metal! Plus since we keep driving the same vehicle, we are not damaging the environment by building a totally new plastic car that we have to replace in 5 years!
1965 Ford F-100 Short bed Custom Cab, Worn out six for now.
1966 F-250 Ranger waiting for a 79 460/C6 + Disc Brake and PS swap
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Greg D wrote:Jakdad is right, this stuff has been done (primarily by the left) for years. Vouchers are just a way to gloss it over thinking we a too dumb to figure them out. If they had their way they would show up at ALL our doors tomorrow with a tow truck and just take our old cars/trucks and crush them. Hey Washington, here's some pollution for you!
:arse:
They come after my stuff they had better bring the Marines - ALL of them!

better bring the Army, Navy and Air force too.
hell , might as well send the blackwater mercenarys too they will need them.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:shock: These beautiful old trucks helped make America what it is today and are better maintained than some government cars. They should be looking at Betty Jones dropping little Johnny off a school in her Hummer or the rice burners that are lucky to last 5 years Don't give in what ever you do !!.

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
PFM-64f100

Post by PFM-64f100 »

It was strange the day after I read this post I got in the mail a flyer from one of the local car dealers about this voucher. The flyer was saying that you could only trade in a 98 and up car and the car you had to buy couldn't be more than 2 years old. Plus there were income and other restriction so most everyone could not use the vouchers.

This was mainly the dealership talking so I don't know if they modified the states parameters or not. I thought I would share.
64 F100 short bed-style side-460-c6-with side toolbox and Dakota Front Suspension
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/CrewCab/index.html
64 F100
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1964- ... index.html
The Torino project http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1971- ... eFile.html
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

PFM-64f100 wrote:It was strange the day after I read this post I got in the mail a flyer from one of the local car dealers about this voucher. The flyer was saying that you could only trade in a 98 and up car and the car you had to buy couldn't be more than 2 years old. Plus there were income and other restriction so most everyone could not use the vouchers.

This was mainly the dealership talking so I don't know if they modified the states parameters or not. I thought I would share.

As I said this is just the nose of the camel under the tent. What the state or dealer tell you at this time is irrelevant. Right now we are being fed the sugar coated plan. If you don't look beyond next month or next year, they got you!
Jim