my truck vid

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

bigtrip460

my truck vid

Post by bigtrip460 »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ob4YUQB8ZOk

I was sitting in the cab with a small digital recorder so the audio kind of sucks. :lol:
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Nice truck BIG! sounds good to, but mate! dont give up your day job :lol:

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

:iagree:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
bigtrip460

Post by bigtrip460 »

I need practice. I could barely even get it to upload. :lol:
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Steven Spielberg's job is secure, but she sounds nice dude! :thumright:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

That isn't a "For Sale" price written on the windshield is it? Sounds good!
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
bigtrip460

Post by bigtrip460 »

that pic was taken before I bought it. I took a camera along and snapped some shots and went home to look at them and think it over awhile. so far with everything I have had to do and put up with it hasnt really been worth it. I hope I start to see better days with it soon.
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

I have had over 40 cars & trucks, all but a handful have been older stuff. There are always "issues" to resolve - worth it? I would take even the worst one of them back.

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
Truckrat
United States of America

BigTrips Truck

Post by Truckrat »

wha.gif Big Trip, I have been running a 600 cfm Holley model 1850 carb on my 460 for years. It works ok, but the engine never had a lot of zip to it. I attribute that to retarded cam timing and the usual factory emissions intake manifold and dizzy. I have plans to get all that dialed in with a double roller early model timing set from Cloyes, and a non EGR aluminum intake, and a Cam change timed straight up. I heard you mention in the Video about a 750 carb that had been on yours.
I had been considering a 750 with vacuum secondaries. Should flow better without that big accelerator pump on the back two. Personally I always liked the double pumpers for their throttle response, but not the best choice for fuel mileage. I have my 460 in a 56 Ford pickup with 2.76 rear gears and it gets 15-16 mpg on the highway with the 600. Just not a zippy combination as far as performance. TR
bigtrip460

Post by bigtrip460 »

Greg D wrote:I have had over 40 cars & trucks, all but a handful have been older stuff. There are always "issues" to resolve - worth it? I would take even the worst one of them back.

between the people constantly complaining and vandals slashing my tires THEN they are calling the cops because it has flat tires.... then I cant afford to put money into it because all my money goes to tires.
bigtrip460

Re: BigTrips Truck

Post by bigtrip460 »

Truckrat wrote: wha.gif Big Trip, I have been running a 600 cfm Holley model 1850 carb on my 460 for years. It works ok, but the engine never had a lot of zip to it. I attribute that to retarded cam timing and the usual factory emissions intake manifold and dizzy. I have plans to get all that dialed in with a double roller early model timing set from Cloyes, and a non EGR aluminum intake, and a Cam change timed straight up. I heard you mention in the Video about a 750 carb that had been on yours.
I had been considering a 750 with vacuum secondaries. Should flow better without that big accelerator pump on the back two. Personally I always liked the double pumpers for their throttle response, but not the best choice for fuel mileage. I have my 460 in a 56 Ford pickup with 2.76 rear gears and it gets 15-16 mpg on the highway with the 600. Just not a zippy combination as far as performance. TR

right now as it is I have the cloyes true double roller timing chain installed straight up. a weiand stealth non egr intake and a HEI ignition. the 600 cfm is the 1850 the 750 is a 3310 that has a few tricks put in it.
the 750 made a lot more power but seems to foul the plugs and make it backfire :?: I changed the plugs and put the 600 on and it runs really well. maybe I just need to tune the 750 alittle better but no matter what I did it seemed to only backfire more and not want to run right. its all trial and error anyway, right? lol

I think I am going to try my 750 edelbrock with the mechanical secondaries as soon as I can get it back.
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

BT that sucks! Do ya know who is doing it? Sounds like they definitely need an attitude adjustment. You must have to park it outside, eh. I used to have some vandals in my area, too. They loved to break windows. Had several car windshields broken by them, and cops wouldn't do anything. Said I had to get them on video to prove it. Got any mean dogs? Sounds like you have gone the way I plan to on yours.
I will try the 600 that I have on it after the mods, and also a 4776 DP 600 that I have. Might be worth a try. Hope you catch the jackasses ruining your tires. TR
bigtrip460

Post by bigtrip460 »

I looked out of my window the other night and saw a white car pulling up to my truck. then they saw me watching and drove off. I think they just roll up and lean out of the window. anyway I took the beast over to a friends house for a while. the cops here wouldnt even take a report when they slashed my slick. I saw the car and they told me to get a tag number next time. :roll:
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

They won't even take a report? Send the bill to the city for the tires with explanation that if they don't want stop them they can pay for the tires ie: neglegance - I would. I would also note that if didn't pay the bill I would turn it over for collection. After all the rest of us have to do our jobs.

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
bigtrip460

Post by bigtrip460 »

lol I have lost alot of tires in the past two years. I wish I had a way to figure out a total cost and bill the city. I wonder if I should ask if I can start parking in the cops secured lot with the cruisers.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Sorry to here about your troubles and the lack of help from the cops.Now if your name was Paris we would of seen them being arrested on tv over here!

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
bigtrip460

Post by bigtrip460 »

beaten then arrested.
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

sounds good. I run a 3310 which I bought new on mine, it was really rich out of the box, I dont think holley sent one to denver that was calibrated for altitude. lol so I jetted it down two and it leaned out way too much. so I went back up one I believe it came with 72 and it now has a 70 because I dont think there was a 71 available. I wish I could actually drive mine now, and wish I could get my sound on the video I made as clear as yours is. im thinking its the cheap wires on a MSD ignition lol
anyways heres mine
http://youtube.com/user/shawnstang67
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Going back clear into the 70s here, Holleys were always rich out of the box. Except that is the 4180 that comes on the 85 GTs, set lean burn new. I need to rebuild that carb before spring, with my Flowmaster catback and the K&N filter I should probably go up a jet size or 2 though, ya think?

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
bigtrip460

Post by bigtrip460 »

shawns fords wrote:sounds good. I run a 3310 which I bought new on mine, it was really rich out of the box, I dont think holley sent one to denver that was calibrated for altitude. lol so I jetted it down two and it leaned out way too much. so I went back up one I believe it came with 72 and it now has a 70 because I dont think there was a 71 available. I wish I could actually drive mine now, and wish I could get my sound on the video I made as clear as yours is. im thinking its the cheap wires on a MSD ignition lol
anyways heres mine
http://youtube.com/user/shawnstang67

thats a good looking engine. next time I will take more time and clean/paint mine up a bit. I am actually suprised my audio is as good as it is I was in the cab with the doors shut and windows up. I know outside the cab the beast is LOUD!