I'm Back! Hood tilt update.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ELpolacko

I'm Back! Hood tilt update.

Post by ELpolacko »

Hey, I wanted to update those few who want the front tilt hood kit and what has been going on recently.

If anything can go wrong, it has.

I was just starting the design of the hinges copied from my truck a few weeks back when I got a call from a semi-major parts supplier asking me to build my firewall mounted brake kits for 47-59 GM trucks and 29-64 Ford trucks.

I haven't made these kits in quite some time because a competitor got ahold of the designs and has been having them produced in China,,, :evil: Well anyway, they either are out of stock or no longer going to produce them so the people that were using them came to the originator, not the imitator to produce the product. So, I have been doing all the back work converting files and creating new ones to cut with my new CNC Plasma system and cutting software when lo and behold my old desktop Sh*t the bed!

Three weeks later and many hair pulling nights I have every thing back on track. I just finished drawing the last part for the brake kits and will spend all day Monday retriving what data I have left and re-drawing all the parts to make the kits again.

I hate starting over....

Steve
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Glad you are staying bussy :lol:

You do good work and cant wait to see what you come up with.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Bill W

Post by Bill W »

Hey Steve, Very nice Truck!! I looked through your album trying to find a pic with the hood tilted foward, 1 pic has the hood open and I can kinda see how it would go foward ? but maybe you could post a pic for us to see how it looks? Nice job on the Interior! I live down South of you in Tucson,So if you Let me know of any events that happen up your way and If i could join. I used to belong to the first Mini Truck club In Tucson and I think we were the first for mini's in AZ 20 + years ago, and I miss the runs and meets and the like. Do you know Dave G? Wow I said enough! later.
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

Are you trying to make a proto type flip front? Or just a hinge to make it fit? reason I ask is I have been struggling to get money saved up to buy the flip front from US body source. its about 1500-1800 bucks, I cant remember exact amount, plus shipping for the glass. I also believe remembering something about a hing setup for them that allows the glass to slide foward sop fenders will clear cowl then flip upwards.

as previously posted I have seen some of your work and you do excellent work, I was just curious as to the topic because of my original plans with mine
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Hah Steve the ghost of Garbz past has come to haunt your computer. Don't stand in front of any running trucks :nono:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

Not planning on standing in front of any running vehicles any time soon. Just too paranoid, :shock:

No need to prototype the hood kit. I have had one since the turn of the century! LOL, really I have had one on my truck since 1999 and I am just going to update it and make 10 sets.

This is a 1955 Studebaker coupe I did a few years back. The operation is exactly the same as the truck hood kit. It just won't have the cross bar on the hinges.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7qE7s-myPY