"Looks like we got us a CONVOY!" ?

This Forum contains all the threads for Slick-Stock 2008. For viewing only.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Greg D
United States of America

"Looks like we got us a CONVOY!" ?

Post by Greg D »

Sorry couldn't resist, lol.
Seriously, I keep seeing in threads saying X hooking up with Y etc. I live right off I-29 which makes a nice straight shot to KC from the north. I have suggested a stop/hookup point in Omaha.
Several are planning on hooking up with Kid over by Des Moines and running down from there. I am definitely not opposed to driving over to Des Moines and convoying down from there just so we have more trucks or do we want to run 2 down. Just think a nice line of Slicks running down the interstate would be too cool.
Opinions?
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Greg, How about if you get the Guys from the west and northwest hook up with you and I can get the guys from Minnesota and Wis hook up here. you can take yours down I-29 and i will run down I-35 and across 36 to St Joe and we can hook up there and run the rest of the way together.

ANy one else have any Ideas....................Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Kid,What about east on 80 as far as 63,head south to 34 turn east till 71 then turn south till we get to 136 turn east to 35 then head south until we reach cameron where we turn right and head on in to St Joseph, I think Ive got my bearings now what do you think!. Or will I just follow you :?

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

That sounds great Darrell, not a ton of extra miles for anybody and a big convoy into KC.

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Alan, That is close but the only problem is you miss Des Moines by about 60 miles. We will head South on 35 to Cameron Mo and head West on 36 to St Joe and hook up with Greg.

Gerry, is there still a QT fuel Stop between St Joe and I-29 and the Bypass. We could mee there or at the Truck Stop in St Joe..........Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

I checked the Q-T website and didn't find a Q-T listed.
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Gerry, It was actually the First exit on I-29 North of the bypass. Had a McDonalds and a QT. It was just South of the DOT scale on I-29. We have alot of time to find a meeting spot. We could meet at the Truck Stop there just North of the New Market Exit, can't remember the name of it. There also used to be a TruckStop in St Joe just south of 36............Kid
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

there is a "love's" truck stop in st. joe just off of exit 44 or there is a ferris struck stop just south of town in faucett mo at the 35mm. both would make good meeting spots you guys caravaning down.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?la ... 6%20Plazas
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

try this...

Yahoo! Shortcut - AboutMcDonald's near St Joseph
local.yahoo.com

McDonald's
(816) 233-1454 - 601 N Belt Hwy, St Joseph, MO

McDonald's - (4)
(816) 364-4266 - 3504 N Belt Hwy, St Joseph, MO

McDonald's
(816) 364-4799 - 1311 N Belt Hwy, St Joseph, MO

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=st+jos ... s&ei=UTF-8
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

What no White castles! damn

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Alan, are you craving "grease cookies"???? :lol:
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

As far as I know the last White Castle down that way closed up a few years ago. Was one of my ex wifes favorite places, a KC route driver I used to work with was gonna pick some up on his way back up.

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Mate and I went into one when we were the US in 2001, as we walked in I noticed a sign saying Tuesday/Wednesday nights buy 20 buggers get 5 free! now that got the brain thinking these yanks sure are big eaters, anyhow we go in and I`m still sick from the bugger on the plane from LA to Dallas so I just had fries( nearly as bad), so here's me mate 6'3" and a pick handle across the shoulders says to the girl I`ll have one burger please! and in a high pitched voice she says ooonnnee bugger! yes please he replies. We get our orders and go and sit in the car to eat our feasts, well I nearly wet myself when he pulls out this tiny little burger the size of a cup cake and he says they`ve given me a bloody kids one off he goes to complain and comes back mumbling that's full size. the penny drops buy 20 get five free hmm he could eat 25 of them on his own :roll:

no wonder they closed down!

Alan,

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

They are great road food, at that size easy to eat while driving.

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

I will be going straight out of denver on I-70 if anyone is going this route and wants to meet up let me know. I am towing my 64 there so I cant run 70 mph atleast not safely lol its atleast 12 hours drive from here. took me 9 to get to topeka without a trailor last time, might be even longer depending on how many rest stops we take etc etc. I am starting to get anxious

this is the good side
Payner44

Post by Payner44 »

Kid wrote:Gerry, It was actually the First exit on I-29 North of the bypass. Had a McDonalds and a QT. It was just South of the DOT scale on I-29. We have alot of time to find a meeting spot. We could meet at the Truck Stop there just North of the New Market Exit, can't remember the name of it. There also used to be a TruckStop in St Joe just south of 36............Kid

Kid, I am coming right through Des Moines from Minneapolis. Can I join the gang from there down to K.C.? I was planning on leaving Thursday morning, but can show up in Des Moines anytime that day if it jives with you guys.
All who visit my home create joy...some by coming...some by leaving!
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

I guess I'll just meet you guys at the host hotel... Maybe David and I will convoy... :rotflmao:
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

payner44, Just let us know what time you can be in DSM as we are still a little up in the air as to what time we will be heading South. I Want to have a cookout the nite before for whoever can make it to DSM early. I was figuring if we head out by 10 am we should be in K.C. early. it is less than a 4 hour drive from DSM to SlickStock..............Kid
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

I have been talking to a few members and some are planning on hooking up here in Des Moines on Tuesday and having a small kickoff party that nite. We will all be leaving on Wed. Morning to head to K.C. for the festivities. I see someone posted this question on the SlickStock website but I can not seem to post there for some reason. What are your travel plans.................Kid

Kid, Payner is talking Thursday your saying Tuesday nuts.gif We`ve only got 172 days to get it straight shrug.gif :rotflmao:

Alan,

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Oops, I better get my facts straight and repost, Thanks Alan