lightningfest

This Forum contains all the threads for Slick-Stock 2008. For viewing only.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ezernut9mm
Sweden

lightningfest

Post by ezernut9mm »

hey guys. i was wanting to throw this out and see if there is any interest.
this year lightningfest will be held at kcir in southern kansas city from the 15th to the 17th. it is a nation wide gathering of ford f150 lightnings for a weekend of drag racing and bsing.
i was wondering if there would be any interest in a cruise down there to hang out and maybe a pass down the track. friday night is open grudge night where anyone can race or just come on in and hang out. of course there is a gate fee, but if there is sufficiant interest maybe i can work out some kind of deal to get us in as a group for cheap or what ever.
kansas city international raceway is a 30 mile trip from the hotel and would make a good cruise.
let me know if i should persue this any farther. thanks.
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main ... e%20Tracks
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
cookster4495

Post by cookster4495 »

AWESOME :thumright: Hope everyone thinks the same !!!!
We could make quite the entrance,let'em know who we are,,plus we would be in good company :woohoo: :cheers: :rocker:
1961 f250 4x4
1964 f250 crew cab
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

ezernut, Contact Gerry Allen ( casey65 ) as he could use the help making plans and see what you guys can come up with. It sounds fun to put some old and new together..................Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

yeah, i guess i should have probably done that first as i have no idea what all he has planned for this event. oops. i'll get ahold of him. thanks.
always

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

ezernut is checking on the info for lightingfest at KCIR it sounds like a good time. :D
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:iagree: Im in .....Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
jkimbrel65
United States of America

Post by jkimbrel65 »

Yep I'm in sounds like a good time :thumright:
I tried being normal once...
was the worst 10 minutes of my life
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

I can think of a few Slicks that might give the Lightnings a run for their money. Gerry, wonder if the Media would be interested in seeing the old and new together.................Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

they (Lfest) has gotten mag press in the past. i don't know if they will this year. unfortunatley we in the ford truck community are a very underrated and under exposed segment of the hotrodding community for good or bad.
i am currently talking to the event co-ordinator of the event to see about a discounted or free event entry fee depending on what day/evening we might like to attend.
i think gerry has plans for saturday night.
friday night is an Lfest event night with the gates opening at five or so for open grudge racing. this would really be the night to go if i can negotiate something in the way of entry.
non racing spectator entry fee for friday should be 10$ per car and Lfest has no say. that is kcir's fee, but if i can get us attached to Lfest somehow that evening i would like to halve that or better. maybe something like a small group donation for X amount of trucks to show up and park inside tha gate.
i really don't know. i just started pm'ing mike the event co-ordinator and will have to hammer out the details. and that is if there is enough interest from this group.
that's where we're at anyways. i'll keep this thread updated with whatever info i can get.
please chime in if you're interested in doing this as this is still just a suggestion at this point.
always

Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

count me in!
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

count me in!
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

I think it is a great idea. Thanks, Lyman.
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

When I talked to Gerry last we we discussed finding out what the requirements would be to make a few passes down the track. I am sure there are a few of us who would like to make the quarter mile pass.

Maybe Gerry and I can do a 6cyl race, turn off the timing lights and get a calendar to time us old guys........................kid
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

A calender Darrell :rotflmao: , thanks, I choked on my coffee over that one. Count me in for a pass or two, the ol 460 might need to stretch her legs after being paraded down for 1800 miles :lol:
Mark

ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i'm still waiting to hear back from mike (event organizer). his plate is pretty full with this being the first time he has run this event. however, i am still hoping to work something out for friday night because lfest's contract with the track allows for open grudge night to go on as usual. i just want to get us in the gate for less than the standard racing fee which is 20$ or 10$ to spectate. both fees will get you into the pits, so actually we can get in for 10$ a piece, but i want to lessen that if i can.
to race all your truck would have to do is pass tech-batt hold down, overflow tank, good tires, etc. and you have to have a helmet. they have loaners at the track too.
i will keep you guys posted on any progress i make with this.
always

MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

I have been waiting for a chance to open the 300 up.

I am in even if you cant get the lower price.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

I don't know, a calendar may be a bit much.... perhaps a hourglass, with the sand running from the top glass to the bottom glass. :lol:
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

old.gif (Kid) I started the race clean shaven!

:rotflmao: Alan,

Darrell found T shirts talk to me
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

Yeah, all goes well I will have the slushbox behind my 240 I6 so I can really tear up the track. Ha ha... I think a straight six retro race might be cool......

Bet none of those lightning fans will beleive its basically the original motor, never rebuilt!

Count me in if the group is going....
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

that would be awesome....

I would need to be able to swap my 3.89 punkin in after I got there and 2.73 again for the ride home... Not a terrible big deal... Just need a jack, couple stands, bucket to catch lube, and a place to do it... little pain I guess.

I would def. want to race with the 3.89 in... too bad it's not a locker.

I'll definitely be up for spectating, and MOST LIKELY participating... that IS considering I can make it...
I hope my mileage improves significantly from re-jetting. I should also perform a test-run with heavy spring on secondaries.
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage