how to get there

This Forum contains all the threads for Slick-Stock 2008. For viewing only.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

blackagatha

how to get there

Post by blackagatha »

well, if I could coax 14 mpg out of it, I could do the trip for $575. (only reason i say 14, is because that's what my dad's '68 LTD gets, same drivetrain, except carb)

(that is roughly half price from what she would do me as she sits)

I need to get tuning. And put a big-ass spring on my secondaries. Anybody here ever starved one of these trucks with a 390/C6/2.73 rear into making 14mpg?

OH hey Garbz, what route you planning to take? If you were to take the I-17 to the I-40 it might work out to caravan if I wind up going. ER no, I'm gonna be in Tucson at that point, I'd prolly end up caravanning with Doc thru Texas or wherever, on the I-10.
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

I am starting to think about maybe going now that I have no reason to stay put. I was just looking at the maps to see if I could get there without using the interstates. Will have to do some more thinking about it.
Fred
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Guys

I can meet up just about anywhere. I was thinking the globe route then up to show low and then catch 40 west up near winslow.

Like to see a little more than interstate on the way.

Man that I-10 Route through Texas is LOOOOONNNNGGGGG I came in that way after visiting my daughter at Dyess AFB in Abaline.

Tim will fly in here and try to leave from Phoenix on monday or tuesday at the latest. About two days of travel to get to KC.

Garbz
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

I figure we`ll start out real low then go really high then low again then high again then low again. then we`ll have to find a car to get out of Des Moines. luck.gif

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

yeah something more than interstate would be ideal. If I went I would be hopin to get at least close to the shortest route possible though, just due to gas money constraints. We shall see. I'm gonna need to start setting aside some cash and doin some tweakin.
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

Alan Mclennan wrote:I figure we`ll start out real low then go really high then low again then high again then low again. then we`ll have to find a car to get out of Des Moines. luck.gif

Alan,

you need to rent one of those hertz mustang gt350's. wouldn't that be cool... just remember, the steering wheel is on the "right" side of car. :lol:
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.