sagging doors

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

crewzinforabrewzin

sagging doors

Post by crewzinforabrewzin »

my passenger side door sags and nobody ever seems to get it shut all the the way. looked briefly at the hinges , looks like there is some adjustment left to right. so i was wondering if that would lift the door up a bit by tweaking it a bit or is that just depth of the door. wondering also if 40 years the hinge might be sprung outa shape and just needs to be replaced
CONCIEVED IN DADS CHEVY BUT WILL DIE IN GPRAMPS FORD
Jarrod

Post by Jarrod »

could it be from all those fat chicks?? :boxing:
Cheers,
Jarrod
Phil

Post by Phil »

hoof marks on the headliner?
Someday I'll get another slick :(
crewzinforabrewzin

here we go agin huh?... lol no its been that for as long as i have had it. and i swear on my slick that it wasnt a fat chick. besides its only 1/2ton and 40yrs. old i would never ask it to do the the job of a superduty
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

bet if you look closely the bottom hinge is toast. look up in jamb where it actually pivots.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

i would say its either the hinge itself or the metal on the cab that the bottom hinge bolts to is weak.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
crewzinforabrewzin

funny how a person can put up little things like the door not closing all the way unless you realy slam it. evry time someone would get out they never get the door shut all the way. i never think to check it either untill i'm driving down the road and the door is ratteling and driving me nuts. from the drivers side seat it is a hassel to reach across and slam it shut and usualy you cant get enuff of a swing to get it to shut all the way. so i either put up with the ratteling untill i get to where i'm goin or have to pull to the side of the road. after taking a minute to look over the problem and another minute moving the catch on the door jamb just a little now more door shuts as though it were new