Some shots of the front Dakota install.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Garbz

Some shots of the front Dakota install.

Post by Garbz »

Here is a shot of the uni with the Dakota cross member installed. I will do the 2 inch rise in the frame next weekend and post some more as i go along with the chassis work.

More shots in my album

Garbz
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Nice work Garbz!, love the photos too :D

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

I cant ever get this damn thing to work with the pic in post.....

ARRGGGHHHH!

lookie at them in the album...LOL

Not bad for about three hours work.. Takes more in prep time to do it than to actually get it done.

Garbz
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

Dave, just remember if you are linking to a picture from your album here, you have to click on the picture in your album and then either remember the number or copy paste the BBC code (the [albumimg][/albumimg]).

[albumimg]3722[/albumimg]
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

Oh, and nice work, by the way!
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
Rosati

Post by Rosati »

Garbz,
You have to paste the link by opening the pic and inserting the link found under the pic like this
[*album]3722[/album*] just remove the stars.

[albumimg]3722[/albumimg]

Nice work by the way!
I hate Message Boards.
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Lookin good Davey,

I'd say .some of your best work yet. If ya need a hand let me know.I'll pop over! LOL

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Dave, that looks like a very sturdy setup, would not be worried apout anything with the way its done.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

That sure looks sweet! Makes me wanna buy a Uni just so I can do that swap...ok fine, I've always wanted a Uni, but the swap would put the icing on the cake. :D
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Slick

We make the Dakota crossmember in any flavor ford truck from 1948 to 1979. It comes with frame specific boxing plates all ready welded in place.

Garbz
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Garbz wrote:I cant ever get this damn thing to work with the pic in post.....

ARRGGGHHHH!

lookie at them in the album...LOL

Not bad for about three hours work.. Takes more in prep time to do it than to actually get it done.

Garbz

Dang it...I realy need to go out and get mine done.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Garbz wrote:63 LB UNI soon to be a full custom. 355/350, Dakota front, IC three link rear and three inches off the pavement.

Hey that is gonna be a sweet combo.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Ha! Its only been up for three weeks and you are noticing it now? YOUR SLIPPIN' pal...... :P

Garbz

I am painting the cammer chebby orange just for you pal...
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Garbz wrote:Slick

We make the Dakota crossmember in any flavor ford truck from 1948 to 1979. It comes with frame specific boxing plates all ready welded in place.

Garbz

Oh sure, why don't ya just dangle a huge carrot if front of me? :P
That reminds me, I need to go water my money tree again...
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:Dave, that looks like a very sturdy setup, would not be worried apout anything with the way its done.

Brian it is a stout unit, Steve constantly attempts to break his 63 shop mule and has been going strong for 8 years. With the revisions to over 900 Hp in it we shall see if he can break it. And he can still haul a full weight if he wants!

What most don't realise is that each crossmember is built specifically for the trucks frame profile with the boxing plates fully welded. 48 to 52, 53 to 56 57 to 60, 61 to 64s and 65 66s then 67 to 77 and 78to 79. All you need to do is mark the wheel base, trim the inner rails about 1/8" and mount it in place. The wheel base is extended on 61 to 64s 1 5/8" to get the wheel more centered in the opening, plus allow the hats to clear the stock aprons. only the base cross member is generic along with the rear hanger. the boxing plates are all custom. If you had everything clear of the frame and were just doing hte crossmember it can be done and back on wheels in a good 8 hour day.

Yes they are expensive, but they are not made from tubing each piece is plasma cut on CNC machinery and then pressed to provide reliefs to allow the A arms to slip in easier. Also the upper hats are pressed for the spring pocket retainer and shock perch.

With actually making the parts and then welding them in a jig its about 8 hours work for a fabricator to build just one.

Adam and Steve are shooting to unveil a new kit that is hub to hub and will cost less or comparative to a stage 2 MustangII All tubular arms Bilstien coil overs. Bear brakes... Custom to each application.

Garbz