New F-100 Show in Pigeon Forge, Tn for 2007

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

New F-100 Show in Pigeon Forge, Tn for 2007

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

I posted this in up coming events but this pertains to a lot of slicks that go to the supernationals... Here it is , it ws annouced at the show in Mooresville, N.C. that a new Show is in the works to be called the Premier Event of The Great Smokey Mountain F-100 Run June 22/23 of 2007,, Place has not been set yet & should know in a couple of weeks where it will be,,, This will be interesting & :? on how people are going to plan next years events.. Next week I will have flyers @ the Carlisle show at our trailer for the dates & phone numbers,,,, Since I do know the people that are doing the plans for this event I have their numbers if anybody is interested & would like to have some feedback here to know what some of you think since maybe there is a choice for maybe 2 trucks shows in the same area within a month or so to choose & plan your vacation on which one since I know it is hard to get off for everyone to attend.. In a few weeks I hope to have exact location & will post this ,,, I can say one thing is we will be at both shows & will still help promoting both shows with flyers, etc. as always in the past,,, :) Tom @ Flashback F-100's

This was the last show @ Mooresville which was formely Run To The Rock by the Duck Club which had good weather not a lot of trucks but some very nice slicks were there
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Truckrat
United States of America

duck club

Post by Truckrat »

Hey Tom,
Is Stan Long still with the Duck Club? I met him at the Branson F-100 show about 1995, and he and his wife (forgot her name,sorry) were really nice folks. He had a mid 50s Effie painted orange he was driving.
I had heard they moved the show away from ''the rock'' which had been the site of that show for many years. Still haven't ever been there.
Does this mean they are going back?
Looking forward to hearing more about this new show you're talking about. TR
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Yes that was Stanley Long & his wife Leslie,,,He still has what he calls the Orange Crate.... We went to Branson once to that show & was very nice area @ the motel plenty of parking,, Duck Club still going but his wife Leslie is not up to it so they are not going to do this show anymore, they did Run To The Rock for 16 years & Don Jacks for 5 years after Pat Ford move the show from Chimney Rock to Gatlinburg Tn. But Stanley has a new partner Jake that are going to promote this show Here is there phone numbers for some more info for anybody,, Jake is going to Pigeon Forge in week or so to get a exact location,, We were told by several people that the Grand Hotel is about ready to fall down if a stong wind comes through from lack of some hard repairs needed so we will see what happens
Stanley 864-647-7446
Jake 864-710-7844

Will try to keep up on post's as we find out
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

flareside64

Post by flareside64 »

Im definatley interested in finding more information about the Supernationals 2007. My girlfreind and I are planning on attending from Michigan. I was there in 2004 and am looking forward to attending again.
Travis
1949 F-4 226/4 speed
1964 F100 223/3 speed
1965 F100 4x4 445/4 speed
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Now to start with the Supernationals will still be in May 17,18,19 of 2007 in Knoxville, Tn. But this new show will be in June for another choice of F-100 Truck people to attend, Thanks for asking on the Supernationals , Tom
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Here is the name of the Motel where the new show is going to be held @ Smokey Shadow Motel 800-282-2121 is the phone number,,, Also Stanley told me that Dan Carpenter is going to give a bed away & Fat Man is going to give away a front end,, I know we will be there with our items as well as some others I have talked too, I hope to have flyers that will have the location on them also to give out @ Moultrie, Ga, & Turkey Rod Run,, Also rooms will be starting @ 49.95,, It is located at the beginning of Pgeon Forge @ the Gattlinburg side I think a camp ground is close by also , As we get more info will try to keep up
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

1LOW66
United States of America

Post by 1LOW66 »

Hey Tom,

I will be interested in the show at Pigeon Forge. It's not the same in Knoxville as it was in PF. :(
My wife and son complained there was nothing to do in Knoxville so we ended up in PF anyway.
Let me know the plan. :D

Thanks,
Alan(1LOW66)
Alan
66F100 429, 66F100 Ranger 428
Customcab4x4

New F-100 show in Pigeon Forge

Post by Customcab4x4 »

Alan, I know what you mean. Same situation with us this year in Knoxville. We stayed in the Pigeon Forge area and drove into Knoxville for the show. Kind of a pain, but there's so much to do closer to PF and Gatlinburg for the rest of the family. I like Knoxville and have friends and family in that area, but there's just more happening closer to PF.
Chilhowee Park is a real nice park, but there sure isn't much around it, and it's not in a great neighborhood either. :lol:

Phil
Terre Haute, Ind.
64 F-100 4x4
63 1/2 Galaxie 390/4sp.
66 Mustang
86 F250 4x4