returning member in NE Colorado

TX, OK, AZ, LA, NM, AR, CO

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

white 66

returning member in NE Colorado

Post by white 66 »

Shawn,

I am just now working on figuring out how to use the site but I am in Colorado and I would like to know if any of the other guys are planning to attend the truck show in Greeley this June? What about a calender of events for each year?

Mark
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

hi Mark, I don't know about the truck show in Greeley. I Know Brandon came out to Truck Fest last year at Bandimere. That's how I told him about this website. A calender would be great. I stay pretty busy with my projects and Drag racing so making the shows is not always an option for me. Especially way up in Greely. I was up that way today getting a free bumper and leaf springs of a 79 bronco, its quite a haul from here for sure lol
Also June has alot of stuff going on at bandimere speedway. do you have the dates for the show?
speaking of greeley my 64 came From Garnsey Wheeler Ford Dealership. I took the Dealer logo off the tailgate and stored it away in my tool box. as well when I swapped my steel rims out for slotted mags, the wheels had the Dealers name written on the inside of the wheel. so I would guess the Dealer had done alot of the maintenance work on it for the owner ( just thought it was neat)

I dont know how to work the website that well myself lol
anyways Welcome back to slicks

this is the good side
white 66

Truck show etc.

Post by white 66 »

Thanks for the info. The truck show is fathers dayweekend but I plan to attend only that Saturday. They usualy have shows up there for the American Historical Truck Society but I think that some one else is putting it on this year.

The shows focus on old trucks from the early teens to the 80's, mostly large trucks of all kinds but the small stuff 1/2 and 3/4 tons have a place as well and seem to be growing in number.

This past year they did a national show in Colorado Springs with over 650 Trucks of all makes, sizes and kinds. We attended and had a good time.

As for old F-100's I have had my fair share but these days I am down to one F-100 and one model T ton truck. Both of these are very stock and may not fit exaclty in the club but I thought I would try it out anyhow.

I am the 2n owner on my F-100 4x4, I bought it way back in 94 with 49k on it. The truck came from Goodro Ford in Denver and was purchaced by the mechanic who worked there for him and his wife to use.

It stil had Fomoco bulbs and related items including all the mechanic books.

I put less then 2400k on it each year over the last 14 years but I do use it when I need to to do truck things, otherwise it stays in storage. I tried to sell it 2 times and may do it some time in the future but for now it is very helpful to have around.

Mark
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

hi Mark, sounds like a great show! I might have to try to go. Being as its fathers day, I usually am going to steamboat springs for the rocky mountain mustang roundup. but I havent been going since I live much farther away than I used to. as far as being original or not, doesnt matter to me. I like iriginal too. I also have a 1950 Studebaker half ton that my Gramps gave me. I used to drive it around town when I first got my license. would like to throw some new paint at it and get the 12 v conversion they started on it done and see if I can get it fired up, that would be a good one for a Truck show like the one your talking about

Only takes time, and to win the powerball, right?

this is the good side
white 66

Yeah money helps

Post by white 66 »

You will have to post a photo or send one of the old Studie. I will post some of my old trucks as soon as I figure out what area they belong in.

Mark
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

Here is the stude, you can ost up your pics onrucks section if you like, also can use the gallery section on here. I never have any luck with it so I just img my photobucket

this is the good side
white 66

I create an album

Post by white 66 »

Sorry I was away for a bit, I created an album, only 3 photos so far but you can see 2 of my rides. Love the Study.

Mark
white 66

lost album

Post by white 66 »

I posted an album but I am not sure where to find it or how. Any ideas?

Mark
white 66

new album

Post by white 66 »

I found it, it is in the Yahoo autos groups under photos.

mark
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

got a link Mark?

this is the good side
white 66

Link and frustration

Post by white 66 »

Well here is the link although I have no idea how to get there normaly, I just spent 28 minutes trying to find it myself. They are on this site someplace but I have no idea where to find them. I tried to put them in the members photos and that failed. Darrell said the site has some problems and he is working to get them handled. The only way I was able to find them was going through the "new photos" hot button. Try this and see if it works.

I have lots of other photos I would like to post but don't want to go throught the headache to do it until the site makes more sense or is working properly.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/for ... 1966/spnew
white 66

It is working

Post by white 66 »

Seems to be working, looks like it is showing up in the "photos" section. One step at a time eh?

Mark R
white 66

is that you?

Post by white 66 »

Shawn is that you by the Study?

Mark
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

no Mark, thats my Grandpa. I aint even close to his age and will be lucky if I live as long as he has lol
the link says I have to sign in to yahoo.

this is the good side
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

White, I just went to the old site where you say your pics are, and I didn't see anything. there was ten albums there, the oldest being last modified March 10, 2002, and the most recent one being modified December 5th, 2002.
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
white 66

albums

Post by white 66 »

Ok so just a few notes above yours there is a URL thing that I pasted in. Try clicking on it or cutting and pasting to get there. When I click on it it goes directly to my album. If this does not work the other way is to go to the following which is somehow connected to Slick 60's but I have no idea how.

fordtrucks1961to1966 · Ford Trucks 1961 to 1966 - post pics and pass ideas around

it is in the Yahoo Autos "Groups". Once you get there you will need to go to the last page of 45 and there you will see my truck under the "still working" title.

I don't know why this area is tough to get to the normal way but hopfully this helps.
white 66

more info on the yahoo groups

Post by white 66 »

I went to Yahoo Groups on the web and was able to find the club info http://groups.yahoo.com/

(fordtrucks1961to1966) There you can go to the menu where it says photos, click on that and go to page 45. It seems to me that there should be a link to this on the slick 60' s home page so that we can see those albums under user groups or some thing.

Anyhow I am very new at figuring out how to navigate around in this site, I hope I have helped someone or many someones with this info. I have other photos I want to post but dent know if can get them in the same place or not.

Mark R

Shawn if you are reading this I think you are correct, you have to have a yahoo account to look at the photos. This I did not realize until moments ago. There are a lot in there and they seem to be from members of the slick 60's and at least it seems to be a good place to post until Darrell has a chance to get this site fixed.
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

yeah Mark, I cant get into yahoo without a yahoo account ( what a bunch of yahoos :lol: ) anyways I found the best way to post up photos is with a photobucket acount which is free and works for dummies ( like me)

this is the good side
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

White, when I go to the picture albums, all I see is 10 albums, there are no 45 pages to select from (See below). At least, not for me anyway.

Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
white 66

photos

Post by white 66 »

Well I am baffled for sure. Here is a shot of what I see when I go there, very different then what you see for some reason and mine has 45 pages.

I don't know why but that is the trouble I am having in a few areas around the site.

This site is in need of some fix it for sure I just tried to upload what I am seeing on my end by using the "img" thing end but It won't do it.

Here is the URL I put in to get there, is yours the same?

http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/ ... 966/photos

Mark [/img]