Weekend MAC meet... September 18 - 20

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jwh f-100
United States of America

Weekend MAC meet... September 18 - 20

Post by jwh f-100 »

What are your thoughts?????

Since attending the MAC meet at Wayne’s in November I thought it would be nice to host a meet someday. Possibly spring or fall of 2009 in the Starlight PA, area.
The problem I see for some is the distance up to my area. It would be hard for most to squeeze it into a day. Driving a slick it would be a 4,5 or even 6 hour trip one way for some. If I set it up would you guys be interested in attending a weekend meet? Possibly take a Friday or a Monday off and do a 2 night 3 day deal. Most likely some of day 1 and 3 will be for travel
Lodging would be covered. We could use our hunting cabin.
The view.
Only problem some may have with the cabin is that it is necessary to travel a couple miles of dirt road to get to it. It sleeps nine now but there is plenty of room to add some cots or a few air mattresses. If anyone wanted to pull a camper, pitch a tent, or throw a tarp over the bed of there slick there is room for that. If you wanted to bring the Mrs. or just preferred a hotel room there is a couple about 7 miles away, one that looks very nice.
As far as activities there is not much up here in the sticks. I could try to get permission to take a ride/tour through a local junkyard that is only about 5 miles from the cabin. It is hard to guess but I believe it consists of about 400 classic and antique vehicles only. Last time I was there he had only one slick and it was sold.
As far as other possible activities, we could attend a local car show. Possibly do a little fishing in a couple close ponds or shoot a few miles down the road to the Delaware. There is a sign in the cabin that says “THE TRUTH STOPS HERE: so we could just sit around telling lies while enjoying a cold beverage of your choice (there is an “in house” kegerator if that is your choice). I could try to strike up an evening cruise in town.

I thought I should thow this thought out far in advance. Give me your thoughts. If you think I should toss the Idea I will not be hurt. If it looks like more than 10 – 15 are interested I’ll throw out a date and some other thoughts.
Last edited by jwh f-100 on July 13, 2009, 12:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Jason

Beer will change the world.

I don't know how but it will.
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Do not stress over providing 'activities'. This group entertains themselves pretty well, particularly if Chuck and Chad are in attendance.
:lol:
This is a group of guys who can spend endless hours standing around trucks and talking about...trucks. And lots of other subjects. When I'm at SlickStock, Lyman and I talk about everything but trucks. And I enjoy it.
I would be up for it, providing it fits my schedule. Dirt roads? Who cares. It's a truck. Dirt washes off.
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Sounds like a cool idea !

Count me in .

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

I think that would be great Jason.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
292fan

Post by 292fan »

That would be awesome! I'm there!!!
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

DV65CustomCab wrote:Dirt roads? Who cares. It's a truck. Dirt washes off.

I could not agree more!!!!

I also think it would be a good time. Keep it in mind.
Last edited by jwh f-100 on January 16, 2009, 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jason

cool57

Post by cool57 »

Sounds like a blast. Count me in.

Carl.
racerx1699

Post by racerx1699 »

Any idea of a date yet? It sounds like a good idea to me for a 3 day weekend deal. I have no problem throwing a tarp over the back of a pick up.
Donnie
2011 F150
32 Ford Coupe
1985 Mustang 10.50's 1/4
1997 F350
If it wasn't on 8 Track it's not worth listning too
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

racerx1699 wrote:Any idea of a date yet?

Just throwing this out but what do you guys think about around the third week of September '09.

I think A pig roast and/or deep fry a turkey could be in order for such an event. :) MAC pig roast.
Jason

jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

:oops:
Last edited by jwh f-100 on April 13, 2009, 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jason

66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

marked! looking fwd to it.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

Some general Directions - To get an idea on a distance you can MapQuest Equinunk, PA. I’m thinking most will take one of three routes.
At some point I will post a good physical address that can be used for MapQuest or your GPS then give directions from that point on to the cabin. (No physical address for the cabin)
1. RT 476 (PA turnpike) to RT. 81 north to RT6 (Robert Casey highway) toward Carbondale. Rt. 6 will change from 4 lanes to 2. Continue to follow Rt. 6 to/toward Honesdale PA. As you enter Honesdale you will see a hospital on your left. One block from the hospital you will need to turn left at the traffic light onto Rt. 191 North. Toward Equinunk PA.

2. RT 81 North….. see above

3. A third option to stay off the interstates could be Rt 191. I am not exactly sure where it starts but I believe somewhere near or below Allentown.

From Honesdale you will be on Rt 191 for about 30 miles, then the dirt roads begin. LOL

Hotels.
The Inn at Starlight - Only about three miles from the cabin - http://www.innatstarlightlake.com/

The Hancock House Hotel - Most “up to date” only a couple years old – http://newhancockhouse.com/
Jason

Sinc

Post by Sinc »

Thanks Jason! Looking forward to it!

...Bill
1st64bigwindow

Post by 1st64bigwindow »

sounds like alot of fun.I will try to make it.I will try to talk the old man into it as well!!
Thanks,
CHAD
needmoretime

Post by needmoretime »

I guess I can make it! :roll:
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

What was that thing called?? A elephant auction / sardine swap???

Should something like that be in order?? :popcorn:
Jason

66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

Any body need any glove box doors or ashtrays?

Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

66fordtrucknut wrote:Any body need any glove box doors or ashtrays?

Charlie

:lol: :lol: You could bring them but you better put 'em in a "surprise box" otherwise the won't get picked.. :lol:

That was a fun thing, I have a couple items I'll save for a elephant auction.
Jason

jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

I’m thinking about changing the date for the weekend meet.... It will be a crazy spring around here, among other things the big “D”. The other thing is all ford carliasle and July 4th is pretty close.. Would September be better? In September there is a small local car show. It is held by the parents of a teenager that drown a few years back. The money raised goes toward a scholarship fund in his name. The show has only been done a few times so I thought it would be nice to bring a few extra guys and maybe a few extra trucks. I’m not sure of the exact date of the show but, sound like a good plan???
Jason

Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

What -your putting a "D"iesel in your truck ??????????
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.