Anyione bringing young uns to SS?

This Forum contains all the threads for Slick-Stock 2008. For viewing only.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Anyione bringing young uns to SS?

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Ok fellas, crunch time to start our holiday planing. I have 3 kids, 6, almost 4, and 1. We are going to bring the motorhome but prolly stay at the hotel. Mrs Hoof has concerns that I will be disappearing into a hypnotic state while taking in the Slick festivities. Anyone else bring kids?
Mark

cdherman

Post by cdherman »

My kids are already here obviously, but older than yours. In terms of attractions for kids, there is a nice water park that is close to walking distance from the hotel. Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun are good for older kids -- they are about 20 minutes away.

I don't know whether the hotel has a pool or not -- I'd think so but have not checked it out. For the 4-6 crowd, the McDonalds down the road has one of those nice COOLED indoor play facilities as well, which may be welcome in August.

Knowing what to do with 4-6 y/o is always a challenge. Perhaps some of the other attendies will have kids along as well and will chime in.

I try and remember to ask my wife what her thoughts would be.

Zoo is just hot and miserable that time of year, though its a nice zoo generally. Perhaps an early AM trip to the zoo would be OK. Its a trek -- about 30 miles.

For kids/adults that like hunting, a trip to Cabellas is no bad idea either.
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

The hotel has a pool. we will be getting discount tickets for oceans fo fun and worlds of fun. I'm hopeful for discount tickets for the water park a block north of the hotel.
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

Any chance "Mrs. Hoof" likes gardening, books, or Yoga in no particular order?

Yes, Mrs. cdherman does that stuff. We make a pair!
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Thanks for replying Dave. Mrs. Hoof aka Lori loves to read. It is one of her favorite things to do when life affords us the time. We are very amateur gardeners, mostly we just like our yard to look clean and trimmed. Her other passion is of course her photographer which she does professionally for the past 3 years. It is nice to hear that we can get a deal on the World of Fun tickets. Checked that out online and it looks like a blast. Hopefully all systems are still a go. I know Casey65, I haven't registered officially yet but should be able to lock in in the next few weeks. 8)
Mark