Betty's getting surgery again

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

wyatt

Betty's getting surgery again

Post by wyatt »

Well, Betty will be out off the road for awhile. Sunday I pulled the passenger seat out to be recovered. I removed the console and shifter. I set the new console in to see how it fit. It looks like it will work out fine. I need to remove the wiper motor and replace it with another one. Then I want to install the chrome strip across the dash so I know where to tape it off so I can tu-tone the dash.
Lots of things to get done. There's also some work being done on the motor and maybe the tranny. Hope to have her back on the road in 4-6 weeks. I'll try to get some pics up as we move along.
Chuck
jwh f-100
United States of America

Re: Betty's getting surgery again

Post by jwh f-100 »

wyatt wrote:I'll try to get some pics up as we move along.
Chuck

Pics would be great wyatt. Unless I find a very nice bench I plan to go the bucket/console route. I'm far from that point but like to see what others are doing.
Jason

Beer will change the world.

I don't know how but it will.
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Now if we can just find a SUPER surgeon for Wyatt. That will be MUCH more than a couple of week job. Heck, it took him 55 years to get that ugly....................

Actually---the inside scoop on Chucks interior says it will be Fantastic!!!!
He ALWAYS has some tricks up his sleeve and this will be no different.

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Well, Saturday was quite successful.
We got the wiper motor replaced (Thanks Chad).
I worked on the new console most of the day, mounting the shifter and making a mounting bracket to mount the console to the floor.
The new console is from a 62 Falcon that I stretched 12 inches. Wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.
I'll try to attach some pics for you'se.
Here you can see the parking light from a 64 I will wire into my dome light.
It still isn't complete. I need to put a chrome plate in front of the shifter yet.
Here you see the inside of the cab with the console and passenger seat removed.
Still a long way to go. I want to put speakers in the console before I mount it. Gotta do the dash before I can mount the console.
I'll try to keep the pics coming weekly.
Chuck
Sinc

Post by Sinc »

Nice work Ole' Timer! Keep it up!
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Uhh... Ship that sucker west dude!

Nice work.. Ons of those would look really nice in the Uni.

Garbz
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

I replaced the turnal signal light with a dome light that I found in my spare parts box. Ahhhhh, That's much better.
Chuck
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

Lookin good Chuck, Me and the Wife oughta stop by and see ya when we're goin by to Carlisle.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

WOW.................

I KNEW it would be nice but you outdid yourself this time Chuck.

If I park my Uni in your driveway will it get some neat tricks too?

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Thanks guys. I'll try to keep the pics coming. If you see something questionable, don't be afraid to throw your 2cents my way.
I want this to turn out nice. I told myself 4-6 weeks. I hope I can pull this off. The motor work may have to wait til fall. The painting of the dash will be the hardest thing to do. I HATE tapeing things off and removing switches. I'll try to keep my sanity through out this job.

Charlie, You and Steph are welcome to stop in anytime. Just keep in mind that I work all 2nd shift during the week. If you can't stop in on the way up to Carlisle, You can always stop on the way home. Just let me know so I don't wonder off that day.

Tim, What is there to do to your truck? It's already sweet. The only thing I would change on that truck is the driver.
:rotflmao: neener.gif

Gotta go now.
Chuck
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

My next challenge will be to re-do the seats. They will be recovered with saddle tan. I don't know if I'm up for it but there's a first time for everything. Now if only I had air conditioning in the garage. Might have to look into that before I get started.
th_crafty.gif Oh Honey?
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Well as I promised, Here are pics of what I got done this weekend. I also finished putting my seatbelts in on the drivers side.
Here is the passengers side seat covered setting next to the console to see how it will look. Can't wait to get the rest of the seats finished. This is one job I really don't care to do ever again. Not fun in my book.

Chuck
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Here's a link to my photobucket to see more project pics. Sorry about the poor quality pics. I'll never buy another Polaroid camera.
I hope the link works.

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk284/wyattford/

Chuck
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

Chuck, you doing the thread work? Lookin great so far.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Charlie
I bought the covers and foam to do this. I can't sew. It probably would be pretty lopsided if I sewed it.
The covers and foam was slightly under $250.00
I could have had the proffesionally installed locally for another $250.00
I chose to save the latter. Gotta have money for other improvments.
I bought the console off ebay and stretched it. Quite an undertaking since I had no idea how it would turn out. It could be better but I ain't that good.
Good luck up at Carlisle buddy.
Chuck
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Seat mounts have been sanded, primed, painted and clearcoated. Turned out nice and shiney.

I'll be working on the seats all day today. Gotta get this ole girl done.
Wyatt
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Sorry, no pics this weekend. I did make a lot of headway. The passenger seat is finished and installed. The console is finished and installed. The light is hooked up and working. I put cup holders on the side of the console. The drivers seat is out and ready to be taken apart. I ran out of time today or it would be apart.
I need to finish and install the drivers seat by saturday morning. There is a show locally I want to attend. I'm down to the wire now. Wish me luck.
I'll put pics up if I can find the time to do it.
Chuck
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Betty is ready for the road again. Dash painting will have to wait until fall.

More pictures here:
http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk284/wyattford/
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

That Came out GREAT Chuck!!!!!!
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

I still see something wrong.
There are only two pedals. :lol:
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning