Window Regulator

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jakdad

Window Regulator

Post by jakdad »

How many of these phillips head screws hold the regulator. I need to repair/replace one in drivers door. Looks like 8 screws but I have never removed a regulator, let alone replace one.
Here is a pic of the door.
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/ ... orPics.jpg
Jim
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

Jakdad, you can use the IMG code from photo bucket and paste that in your post here and it will show the actual pic instead of just the link (like below).

But I believe all you need to remove is the handle (obviously)and the 4 screws around the handle. Then free the arm that actually lifts the window that is held in a nylon roller with a spring clip in the track at the bottom of the window.
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Thanks for the tip.
You did mean to remove the window crank handle? It appears that there may be 5 bolts there.
Jim
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

jakdad wrote:...You did mean to remove the window crank handle? It appears that there may be 5 bolts there.

Yes, and yes! (Obviously I can't count)..
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

In that group of five screws, First remove the two front and then the two back ones. As I remember(sometimes fuzzy), that top screw may be an anchor for the division bar, and only needs to be removed to replace the wing window. You may also have to take off the remote control for the door latch, which is mounted with the three other screws, in order to get enough room to get the regulator out of the door opening.

Fred
greenindian

Post by greenindian »

Does anyone know who makes (and sells) the correct sized phillips head screws for these window regulators? I've got three stripped ones in my 66 which will have to be tapped out and new ones installed and I'm have a tough time matching them up. Suggestions? Leads?
don luster

Post by don luster »

several of the part people have them in stainless steel. you can buy set of what you need.. if my memory serves me correctly the original screws can be purchased at Concour Parts. I probley have some very used ones if that what you want? Don Luster