Fall Meet and Greet

WA, OR, CA, NV, UT, MT, ID, WY, AK, BC, AB, SASK, YK, NWT

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ras4434

Fall Meet and Greet

Post by ras4434 »

Is there any interest in a mid November get together? Looks like the Texas boys are trying to get together and it sounds like a good idea. If there is any interest send me an e-mail at 1rjb@comcast.net and I will send around a group e-mail and see if we can pull it off......Ross
robert porterfield

Post by robert porterfield »

sounds good ross where to this time.......... 8) :D :) robert
lifes hard wear helmet!
Thunderboy

Post by Thunderboy »

I would consider, if you guys would agree to meet further South. I am near Sacramento. Might be best to solicit on the Off Topic forum to gauge interest. If some SoCal guys want to do this, it might be too great a distance. I am new to this website, so maybe you all have some experience with this. I like the idea of a get together, though.

If you want to build this around an event that many on the West Coast could attend, consider the Goodguys meet in Pleasanton (near SF - but not too near :lol: )
http://www.good-guys.com/events/eventDetails.aspx?eventid=08-804

Let me know what you guys think. I'm not trying to hijack your idea. Just a suggestion.

Drew
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

Thunder: We tried to pull together a meet and greet this past summer on the Oregon Coast and only a couple of guys were able to pull it off. We talked at that time of getting together in the fall. I was thinking of Eugene area or Portland but Northern California or Southern Oregon for the summer might be something to shoot for.

Robert: Any exciting pizza joints or drive ins in Eugene?
Thunderboy

Post by Thunderboy »

It would be great to meet up with you guys, but I doubt I can make that drive, however, as that is an 8-hour drive to Eugene each direction for me. Is there some other auto or truck-themed event/show/swapmeet we could build this around? It provides an additional incentive for people to come.

Eugene is a cool town, IMO. Seems to be a lot of slicks in Oregon, so it makes sense to meet up there.

Drew
Drew

66 F250 Frame swap, EFI 408W, ZF 5-speed swap (still!) in progress
63 Falcon Futura EFI 331W, T5, but not much progress... Slicks First!!!
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

Thunder: The biggest event that I am aware of is the Portland swap meet in April. Takes about two days to really walk around the whole thing. We might be able to work around that this spring........Just a thought. Anything in Northern California.
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

Robert: got your email but was out hunting. I will give you a call this weekend...................Ross
robert porterfield

gotcha have any luck? inlaws are over east seen deer but to far and running away................. :roll:
lifes hard wear helmet!
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

3 point, 4 point and another 4 point with long eye guards. Best "hiking with guns" in the past several years.
BMorrison

Post by BMorrison »

I am up to try to make it to a meet . Hope that one of my hunting trips dont interfear that month . The last meet sounded fun . Hows about putin some picks of the bucks up that long eye gaurd one sounds cool .
64crew4x4

Post by 64crew4x4 »

I stuck a Nice 4x4 Mullie in Early Bow over near Baker City And missed a Nice satelite Bull Elk....:( then 2 wks Later same area same mt. side killed a nice 4 yr old Cow Elk.... hunting.gif :woohoo:
Now I am running around With Wife and Son trying to fill 2 rifle tags...:)

If we can Do a Eugene Area GTG I am there for sure .....

Left Robert a message earlier today...

Chat soon, John
Stable of Trucks.....
61 3/4 ton 4x4..312v8,4speed Daily driver.
64 1/2ton C.C. 292v8,3sp,...???? 82k orig.miles
65 1/2ton flareside parts truck
64 1/2ton Flareside currently 4x4.going to be 472 powered Gasser
65 SuperCab/Crewcab Cummins 1 ton Duelly Hi-Boy Project
Roger Carter
United States of America

Fall get together

Post by Roger Carter »

The Albany swap meet is November 15, at the Fairgrounds. Anyone planning on attending? Maybe get a stall, or some other place to meet.

Roger Carter
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

I will be there on the 15th. A buddy has a table or two. I should be wearing my slick 60 hat. We should all try to meet somewhere. Ideas?
robert porterfield

ross sounds like bunch of us are going to be in town for swap meet.......... how bout having a "meet" later that afternoon somewhere in town? i know its kinda quick but poss? just a thougt robert
'
lifes hard wear helmet!
64crew4x4

Post by 64crew4x4 »

Can I Tag with you to the Meet Robert......:)
maybe you can tow my Ford Behind yours...lol

The Crew is Out of the brush Already and Waiting to be brought HOME....:)
Stable of Trucks.....
61 3/4 ton 4x4..312v8,4speed Daily driver.
64 1/2ton C.C. 292v8,3sp,...???? 82k orig.miles
65 1/2ton flareside parts truck
64 1/2ton Flareside currently 4x4.going to be 472 powered Gasser
65 SuperCab/Crewcab Cummins 1 ton Duelly Hi-Boy Project
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

Robert: How about meeting at this place at 3:00 for a photo op and then to Izzy's. Izzys usually can accomidate a group with out reservations if it is not around noon or 5:00. Image I hope this picture comes through. Other ideas?...................Ross[/img]
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

looks like the picture did not go through. I will try something els in a few minutes.
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

One of the pictures in my photobucket is a picture of the Hot Rod Diner where we could start the meeting.

[IMG]http://i29/.photo This should do the trick. If not then I will probably just toss the computer :evil:
robert porterfield

ross dont see pic of diner ..........do you have a back-up computer? if so let mikky have a "look" at this one at .......say about 60 mph out the window............... :lol: :lol:
lifes hard wear helmet!
RlCHARD CRANlUM

Post by RlCHARD CRANlUM »

That's only an hour south of me. Is this a automotive swap meet or ???