Paging MAC people-in-charge

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Paging MAC people-in-charge

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Let me count yet again the ways I hate MSN...
I think Tina deleted my cookies last week. I can't log into the MAC site, because I think it's still got my expired email address as the one I use. So I can't ask for my password, etc because it tries to mail it to the wrong place. Any way a moderator or someone can get this to me or fix it? I'm really not wanting to come up with yet another screen name.
:help: :cussing:
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Damn Dwight.....you just can't take a hint can ya!
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Dwight, as one of the mods on the NW site, I can tell you that there is NOTHING those guys (read SINC) can do for you.

They can delete posts, ban people , approve new members, ban current members, and assign rights to who can or can't alter things related to the site.

Your username, password, etc are something they can do nothing with , except approve you as a member or ban you. Sorry to be the bearer bud, time for a new username.. :cry:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate MSN? :stick:
needmoretime

Post by needmoretime »

Dear DV,
I will post on your behalf over there on the mac site. So far I have gotten into a battle over the long beds in Central PA. There is a group who wants to ban them on 65 CC painted red and white with bed liners. They claim its sucking to much plastic out of the industry for bed liner production which has already been shipped to India and we don't have enough plastic left over to repop cool parts for up and coming slicks. I have asked for bi partisan talks to stimulate both the growth of the slick community while maintaining the plastic industry. This of coarse is a distraction from the bed issue which leads me to my other proposal to start up a style side bed committee and see who would be in favor of banning long beds over 8 foot long. Of coarse you can imagine the backlash from the owners who can haul full living room sets from rent to own stores. You can add to this post as we will be moving forward to oversize exhaust outlets as soon as next week.

Sincerely your slick representative,

STOP THE LONG BED HATE!

Slickster Kosko
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

I thought that the next order of business was to discuss the merits of using boat anchors for motivation!
What with the price of scrap metal-----a fine modern engine could be inserted and still have enough cash left over to throw a MAC party.
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

My fellow Slicksters,
In spite of recent upheavals in our administration, I intend to stay the course with regards to supporting our longbed owners. In the past, we have seen terrible cases of name calling on both sides, though it could be argued that the stepside short bed, which is generally good as a decorative covering for the frame only, is still not worthy of consideration. However, I intend to support bi-partisan talks between the Shortbed party and the Longbed party. We must work together towards our goal of transporting 4x8 sheets of plywood flat, with the gate closed. We will continue our quest to find bed covers in a wide array of colors available for any bed, no matter what size or fender type. I believe that no bed should have to be subjected to torture, wether through spray on liners or holes cut in them for frame mounted fuel tanks. We must work together to win our battle against the Unibody infidels who seek to destroy us.

I do not care if you are black, white, or are equipped with a FE, small block, Y block or the legendary inline six. It is our duty to pull together and keep the Chevy conversions and their efforts to destroy our vision at bay. Please continue to join me in this epic battle.
jkimbrel65
United States of America

Post by jkimbrel65 »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :clap: :clap:
I tried being normal once...
was the worst 10 minutes of my life
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

as longtime longbed owners for many reasons espescially the fact that the majority of lumber, and sheetrock are manufactured in 8 foot lengths, not to mention the 8 foot poles of firewood that we cut, load and haul out of the woods, we here in the ice fields support you 100%.:thumright:
in fact lately we have had enormous bouts of laughter at some of the new trucks on the market= 4 doors and a bed barely large enough to fit a tiny refrigerator in the back.in fact we doubted these trucks ability to put a single pallet of feed or anything else in and close the tailgate. :rotflmao:
i remember once owning another brand 60s shortbed stepside and , needing to move a washer and dryer had to make 2 trips. :cussing:
unfortunately in this thread i saw the mention of another item which i frankly think there is too much of in the world, and does not really belong in or on a slick, other than knobs and light lenses, and door pockets.
that would be plastic. :nono:
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I believe the Canadian Peacekeeping delegation has come up with some solutions to the misunderstandings which are keeping us from our ultimate goal, of finding and destroying the Den of inequity from which the bastard-motor Cylons emerge.

They propose that each member have a short-bed unibody and a long-bed Styleside. in the case of living north of the 49th parallel one or more of these trucks should also be branded "Mercury". There is a concession requested to have a northern exception to the slip-in bedliner rule, revised to spray-in or nothing at all types, as the plastic slide-in bedliners do not fare well in degrees below zero.

A Peacekeeping regiment of a neutral group of Studebaker owners, from several countries could be dispatched, dressed in their distinctive uniforms of checkered pants and small brimmed fedora hats, to enforce the regulations. They could also be lightly armed with six shooters of Coors silver bullets, useful in dispute negotiation. Slick owners are requested to have a sheet of plywood to lay under the leaking Studebakers, should they arrive in your town.

Flareside owners will be given a special card, not carrying all the priveleges of a full Slick owner, since their beds cross into the dangerous territories of both Fat fender and Bumpside anomalies, and cannot be considered "true Slicks"
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

and just what kind of card do the 4x4 and pre-64 non-uni longbed owners get? you know those with the 57 box?
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Let me tally the score thus far:
JC = 2
DV = 1
ICE = .5
Kosko = 0
:laughing:
needmoretime

Post by needmoretime »

I am sure once the absentee ballets are counted I will be once again representing my district. I will not concede until all ballets are counted! :roll:
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Those fridge-box owners might be able to join forces with the stude guys, wearing thier own distinctive uniform of a work shirt with suit pants, to match their trucks. :D
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

I have called in Jesse Jackson to represent the minority bed owners The fridge beds, long and short, long stepsides, flatbeds, good humor trucks etc. hopefully we can work out a fair and equitable arrangement. We only want the same opportunitys as our swb styleside brothers and sisters. Repeat after me "I have a long bed stepside and In am somebody".
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

we have 2 longbed stepsides, a fridge longbox , a towtruck, and an f500.that makes us 5 somebodys.there is strength in numbers and we plan on using it.
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
ICEMAN6166
Poland

more reason to own a longbed

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

just this afternoon, me and mrs.iceman were out doing firewood, filling our
longbeds,
my fridge and
her stepside
i cut them in at least 8 foot lengths
we drag or carry them to the trucks
unless they are large diameter, then they get a 2 foot cut,
4 in line = 8 foot.
i said to mrs. iceman
you know about the longbed hate
imagine if we only had shortbeds
how much more cutting and carrying just to get the same amount of wood home
more trips, more gas
she looked at me and said
that would be too much work.
yes i replied
shortbeds are kind of like cars, with no trunk lids.
:rotflmao:
remember , only you can :help: stop the longbed hate.

then we drove out of the woods, 2 happy longbed owners.
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

Ice, I feel your pain! even though I own 2 shortbeds, I'm not 1 of those evil shortbed owners. I do have a 05' scab with a 8' bed, in these days are rare (which is like driving a bus) oops, didn't mean that, Hang in there buddy and let your voices be heard!!
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
needmoretime

Post by needmoretime »

Legislation LB versus SB 61thru66:

I have new legislation on the books to increase the overall longbed by 2 feet for hauling the whole tree! Of course there has been internal squabling among the tree huggers who radically support the short bed owners and have even suggested big tax breaks. Their angle is if one has to cut more and spend more gas the they will stop burning wood which will save the trees and gas! I will say I vote for short beds and tax incentives and make more trailers from long beds and put a new step side on the ol chassis.

I know my vote is not popular but we must think of what we really need to haul. Wood? :roll: or a cooler? :cheers:
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

needmoretime wrote:Legislation LB versus SB 61thru66:

I have new legislation on the books to increase the overall longbed by 2 feet for hauling the whole tree! Of course there has been internal squabling among the tree huggers who radically support the short bed owners and have even suggested big tax breaks. Their angle is if one has to cut more and spend more gas the they will stop burning wood which will save the trees and gas! I will say I vote for short beds and tax incentives and make more trailers from long beds and put a new step side on the ol chassis.

I know my vote is not popular but we must think of what we really need to haul. Wood? :roll: or a cooler? :cheers:

NICE! :lol: :lol:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!