arizona chapter "get together"

TX, OK, AZ, LA, NM, AR, CO

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

azratrod

arizona chapter "get together"

Post by azratrod »

for all the guys who are in the az chapter i was thinking we should get together soon. ive talked with a few of you. some of you alot. it would be cool to put some faces with names. i run a bar in chandler that we all could meet at. or some where else that works for everyone. whos interested?
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

I'll go for it. Most anywhere, anytime.

Fred
Bill W

Post by Bill W »

I'm in! any ideas yet, when and where?
azratrod

get together

Post by azratrod »

so far its just the 3 of us. that wont be much of a get together. im thinking some time after christmas. we could go to my bar, a restaurant, or to a drive in type place. im assuming we will all have our trucks with. as soon as i get some more responses ill be able to plan this better.
statesblue

Post by statesblue »

I might could be interested. I guess it depends more on when rather than where. No truck though,mines in pieces on the garage floor...but someday?????
Paul

Post by Paul »

Just let me know when and where. If I'm not working, I'll be there.
Bill W

Post by Bill W »

Now, if we can get Garbz to be there we could share a 6pack :D

Hi Paul, welcome.gif from Tucson
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Hell i will need a case, But a meeting in Chandler will do.

Let me know when, I like the idea of the LA roadsters show too.....Rent a passenger van, Fred can drive drive and we can all get sloshed...

I have to head to PA around the 8th of Jan. and have to head to Engelwood Colorado for a week later that month.

Just let me know.

Garbz
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

I could be conned into something like that. I used to go to the Oakland Roadster Show in the late 50s and was always a good time. Quit going to such things when I got married and life got in the way.

Fred
azratrod

get together

Post by azratrod »

so if we work around garbzs schedule we could try this. what if we meet on one of these 4 dates? monday the 19th, tuesday the 20th, monday the 26th, or tuesday the 27th. if this works for everyone we could make this a regular thing and meet every other month. where does every body want to meet at? i run a bar so we could meet there. or we could go some where else. depends if everyone wants food and or big boy drinks.
azratrod

get together

Post by azratrod »

ok ok. how about this. what if everyone got together on a saturday for food and a few drinks then headed over to the pavillions car show? it would look great if we had a dozen or so slicks lined up together. ill get a banner made up with the slick60s logo and "southwest region" added to it. im working on stickers too.
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

About all you can do is to just go ahead and set a date & time , then each will just have to make a go/nogo decision. As for the bar meeting - this would eliminate anyone who wants to have their family involved, also there are some of us who do not partake of the 'big boy drinks".

As for the showing of the vehicles, I can't speak for others, but mine is a long ways from a "looker". Mine is a daily driver and it shows it.

Just a couple things to consider.

Fred
azratrod

get together

Post by azratrod »

i would never set up something at a bar. but there are other places that have drinks and food if people want to partake. kids, wives, girlfriends, what ever are all welcome. the more the better. if people can bring there trucks thats great. if not no big deal. there just the common link between us and to see many examples would be cool. ill lock everything down in the next week or so
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Guys.
Do it.
I promise you a little get together is a very cool thing.
Its a lot of fun to just sit around, enjoy an adult beverage or glass of iced tea and shoot the bull. You'll be surprised how much you can learn and what new friends can be made.
We do it once a year and I wouldn't miss it.
Uncle Skip
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
63Longbow

I'm in.....

Post by 63Longbow »

let me know..... i can get there.

Mark
azratrod

finalized get-together info

Post by azratrod »

im going to go through the az memberlist and send a reminder to all of the members here on the forum. make sure to spread the word

to make it easy for everyone involved i wanted to find a restaurant that was easy for everyone to find if they werent familiar with the valley. i decided to go with a place called teakwoods. its family friendly and i meet there once a week with the az. model a club. so they are car club friendly too.

the address is: 151 east williams field road #112 gilbert, az.
480.899.8325 call if you have questions
teakwoodstavern.com
its on the south east corner of gilbert road and williams field road

lets meet at 2. hopefully thats early enough for some and not too late for those who have a farther distance to drive home. if enough members want to change the time we can

the date is feb 7th (saturday)

please rsvp to this post or give me a call at 623.695.4891 so i know how many tables and seats we will need.

hopefully this is a great turnout and we can make this a regular meeting
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

I'll be there. May or may not have companion.

Fred
azratrod

get together-32 days away

Post by azratrod »

its only 32 days away! start planning your trip, think of a good excuse to tell work when you call in, mark it on your calender, mapquest the location. do what you have to do. be there
'64 ford bbw custom cab short styleside bed
'32 ford 5 window body
'28 ford roadster pickup
'04 ford f150 crew cab short bed
TheOPWK

Post by TheOPWK »

Ill be there.
Scott R.
statesblue

Post by statesblue »

I am planning on being there...Probably bring my bride to.
Good excuse to visit my Daughter down in Gilbert.