club member selling his slick ?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

dwbr

club member selling his slick ?

Post by dwbr »

Last edited by dwbr on February 7, 2011, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

say it's not so!....
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

nono.gif
Mark

Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Never hurts to test the waters!
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Bill W

Post by Bill W »

I would love to see what a truck like that would bring at a Barrett-Jackson auction.
Jarrod

Post by Jarrod »

BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Cheers,
Jarrod
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

:arse: lol Well its his truck, just hope it gets a good home.

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

It would not bring what you think as it really is not what the market calls collectible and an investment.

Mike good luck on selling i hope you get every penny invested back as it is that caliber of a truck.

What are you building next?????? Uni?????

Garbz
stronger66ratfink

Post by stronger66ratfink »

OK, Max called and gave me the heads up about my test and the response that was coming on the site!
I was running adds for my car hauler and the 83 which I sold both and just got a wild hair up my nose and since it was free I said what the hell, if someone called and made me a good offer I would of had to loose alot of sleep over it before I made a decission, and yes I know they are not the Barrett Jackson favorites that bring the big bucks but proud slick owners always think they should get want we put into them but like I say what the heck, test the waters.
she's still here and will be well after Slick stock 2010 which I plan on driving to this time! 7 miles to the gallon and all! since I got rid of my other distractions I'm back to paying more attention to her so you all are stuck with me for a while longer, hey maybe in 2009 I'll figure out how to post pictures!
PFM-64f100

Post by PFM-64f100 »

stronger66ratfink wrote:OK, Max called and gave me the heads up about my test and the response that was coming on the site!
I was running adds for my car hauler and the 83 which I sold both and just got a wild hair up my nose and since it was free I said what the hell, if someone called and made me a good offer I would of had to loose alot of sleep over it before I made a decission, and yes I know they are not the Barrett Jackson favorites that bring the big bucks but proud slick owners always think they should get want we put into them but like I say what the heck, test the waters.
she's still here and will be well after Slick stock 2010 which I plan on driving to this time! 7 miles to the gallon and all! since I got rid of my other distractions I'm back to paying more attention to her so you all are stuck with me for a while longer, hey maybe in 2009 I'll figure out how to post pictures!

Well did you get any offers on it??? I think most of us figured you were just testing the waters. I don't think you could get rid of that truck unless large large sums of cash were sitting in front of you. Even then you may not be able to..

Hopefully when SS04 comes about we all meet up on the way up there. Would be cool to have a big group show up at once. Not to mention the fuel/food stops would be fun...

Good thing I have a year to get the crew finished (I know I have more time then that but I need a buffer just in case)...
64 F100 short bed-style side-460-c6-with side toolbox and Dakota Front Suspension
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/CrewCab/index.html
64 F100
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1964- ... index.html
The Torino project http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1971- ... eFile.html
DCarr

Post by DCarr »

I thought my 11 MPG was bad. :)
Tune For Maximum Smoke ___________________________________ 64 F100 Longsmoothie 65 Mustang Fastback
stronger66ratfink

well it's really about 7.25 miles to the gallon but with the cost of gas now @ $1.38 or less in some places around here I can afford to punch it a few more times.

Sad to say no calls yet, folks just want new stuff for free!
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Good to hear from you Mike. It would be nearly impossible for me to part with my Uni - even as bad as it is! Couldn't imagine getting her as far as Miss Daisy and letting her go. I understand testing the waters though, I constantly look for 1985 Mustang GT 5 speeds for sale to see what they go for - to compare to mine.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
DCarr

Post by DCarr »

What rear gears & tires do you run?
Tune For Maximum Smoke ___________________________________ 64 F100 Longsmoothie 65 Mustang Fastback
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

stronger66ratfink wrote:
Sad to say no calls yet, folks just want new stuff for free!

In better economic times I bet you would get quite a few calls.
stronger66ratfink

the factory 9.25 rear end with 275 / 70 series tires
65f100_Thug
United States of America

Post by 65f100_Thug »

Give you my 65 and 500.00 scared.gif then you can pimp my truck while im pimping in yours LOL. I believe the only way my truck will ever be that cal. is if you do it. I had a friend who was driving his 64 and had a guy follow him home and named his own price at 30,000.00 thinking he could keep his truck and tha guy returned in 30 min with a cashiers check..you never know.
HAVE YOU DISASSEMBLED A FORD LATELY?

10136 98349929981298119816