What SlickStock is all about

Here is the forum for the next great Event

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

What SlickStock is all about

Post by Kid »

I have heard several times that guys wonder what it is like to attend one of these events and wonder if they will fit in. I think if you are wondering you should look back at the forums and reread the threads about 06 in York and 08 in K.C. If you like these trucks you will fit in no matter if your truck is a perfect Orig, a perfect Restoration, a rat rod or wild custom. At these events you will see them in all stages of work. You WILL NOT meet a better bunch of people no matter where you look as you will find at SlickStock. It is not just a bunch of guys hanging out, it is a family deal, Ask anybody if they would bring their Children to one of these and you will get a resounding YES. You will not see big trophies and awards but you will see many freinds and you won't believe the freindships that have been made because of this site and group of people. I hope to see a record number of people in Ankeny Iowa in 2010 for the next SlickStock........................Darrell
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i agree 100% i didn't even have a slick at ss 08, but i was welcomed as one of the family. you couldn't ask for a better buch of people to hang with.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

And one thing I forgot, You do not have to drive a truck or even a slick to SlickStock. There have been several members who have attended without a truck and a few who have been there with other years trucks. You WILL have a great time no matter how you get there......................Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Truckrat
United States of America

SS4

Post by Truckrat »

You Betcha, Darrell and Chris! I drove my Explorer SUV, and needed it for the parts I picked up. Could have carried them in a truck, but didn't have one ready to make the trip. Lots of folks came in their cars, flew, or whatever they had. I feel like my family just increased about 10 times from what it was after SS3. As some have said, it is a big family reunion with trucks. Once you come to one, you're hooked. Also you will become a part of a brotherhood. If you doubt me, show up in Ankeny, Iowa in August of 2010, and see for yourself. I know I will! TR
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Just to add my 2 cents, as stated previously, Slickstock is where you meet the best friends you have never seen face to face. You do not need to be a 1000 post member or have the fanciest truck in the club. Some people even became members on the spot. We travelled literally from all corners of the globe to be there, and it was worth every mile. There were endless stories told (some true, some not) and more than one laugh shared. I don't know what hurt worse, my KC sunburn, the ache in my gut from laughing so much, or the lump in my throat when I had to leave.

I guarantee I would not miss another. See you all in Iowa
Mark

ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

best time i have had in years, from getting off the airplane and seeing Gerry in his slick 60s tophat to monday morning when only me, Alan and Lyn were left.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

The Ankeny 10 year reunion should be the best of all the SS's, what with Foodstick returning from the dead and all, it's almost as though Elvis came home.
The only bad part is, I will probably be there.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Johnny Canuck wrote:The Ankeny 10 year reunion should be the best of all the SS's, what with Foodstick returning from the dead and all, it's almost as though Elvis came home.

maybe even in a slick this time ss_pokes2.gif
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
PFM-64f100

Post by PFM-64f100 »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:
Johnny Canuck wrote:The Ankeny 10 year reunion should be the best of all the SS's, what with Foodstick returning from the dead and all, it's almost as though Elvis came home.

maybe even in a slick this time ss_pokes2.gif

Or maybe the CrewCab JC ???? ss_pokes2.gif
64 F100 short bed-style side-460-c6-with side toolbox and Dakota Front Suspension
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/CrewCab/index.html
64 F100
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1964- ... index.html
The Torino project http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1971- ... eFile.html
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

+ eleventy billion.
Those who know me know I have a couple different cars and belong to several clubs. NONE are like Slick 60s. Nicest people on the planet. We all find the ratty trucks just as fascinating as the restored ones. No truck? No problem! You're welcome to ride in someone else's to get around.

Looking forward to Iowa again. The Mrs is coming along this time. I want her to see the flyover states and why I think the people that live there are so cool. :thumright: I'm really sorry I couldn't make it to KC this past year. It just makes it more special when you have to wait. woohoo.gif

As for JC, well, there's a downside to everything. point.gif
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

JC's getting a Crew? :D

I'm going to try & make it to this meet. I have at least one running Slick at the moment, I figure that's half the battle. :lol:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Hey they even took me in pulling a dead Tbird with a cat turd in the back. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom Williams
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Follow these signs to SS-IV Rumble in Ankeny...

"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Truckrat
United States of America

Rumble in Ankeny

Post by Truckrat »

:laughing: :laughing: Tornados are no joke, but I love that sign, Max. TR
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

PFM ya lost me with the crewcab
That sign should be the official sign of SS4
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Yea, it was the sign for SS04 as we were eating dinner.

Garbz: "Whats that wailing sound"
Kid "OOh that's the tornado warning siren"
Garbz "Holy S%$t"

Garbz

Ahh the memories.....
PFM-64f100

Post by PFM-64f100 »

Johnny Canuck wrote:PFM ya lost me with the crewcab
That sign should be the official sign of SS4

I must be remembering the wrong person.. Who was that that built that lower crew. Sorry.. I think I have been working to hard on mine and images and memories are getting mixed up.. :oops:
64 F100 short bed-style side-460-c6-with side toolbox and Dakota Front Suspension
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/CrewCab/index.html
64 F100
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1964- ... index.html
The Torino project http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1971- ... eFile.html
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Is it Shiny you are thinking about with the red crew?
Tom Williams
slickmainer
United States of America

Post by slickmainer »

sure wish i could make it out there even though i don't own my truck anymore. I miss it so much. I'd just go for the hell of it, sadly Maine is along way from Iowa. Have fun
--Gregg--
you can't get there from here
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

slickmainer wrote:sure wish i could make it out there even though i don't own my truck anymore. I miss it so much. I'd just go for the hell of it, sadly Maine is along way from Iowa. Have fun

Alaska is way farther
flew to the last one in 08, plan on driving next year.
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton