UPS

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ICEMAN6166
Poland

UPS

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

i cant deal with brown.

here is a shipping chart for 4 wheelcovers on ebay.

Country: Show all available United States Zip or postal code:

Shipping and Handling To Service
US $15.43 99688, United States US Postal Service Parcel Post®
2 to 9 business days*
US $45.74 99688, United States UPS Ground
1 to 6 business days*
US $16.90 99688, United States US Postal Service Priority Mail®
2 to 3 business days*

for 3x the post office cost, brown will get them to Anchorage, tell me i cant get them delivered to my house, then send them back, after they were only 100 miles away.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Even with the post office price MR getting to be 'spensive hupcaps to hole saw out eh?

I have similar, but even more incommodious experience with UPS and Fedex.
But getting my stuff delivered to the UPS warehouse just across the line, and 60 miles away can be reasonable. Just don't mention Canada to them, the price triples. :boxing:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Shiping is not going to get any better, and selling on Evilbay is getting more expensive every day. I've spent over 100$ in the last few months on stuff that didn't sell.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
Birddog63

Post by Birddog63 »

Had some similar issues with UPS.....
One that almost hurt me on Ebay was a turbo 2.3 cylinder head I was shipping to Tn from Il.
Ups ground was 88.35 via the Ebay/UPS calculator, 45.60 through the UPS website, AND 28.80 through USPS Parcel post!!(The last one made the buyer VERRRY happy!)
And that was only going across 3 states!!

Glory days of Ebay are coming to a close.....Scams, Deadbeats, liars and junk items are killing the trading post! :?
He just takes his tractor another round....another round......another round....

A closed mouth gathers no foot!
oinklette

Post by oinklette »

awww, come on guys! i love ups! our ups guy is so nice. we won't see him for months at a time, and whenever he comes around he still remembers all of our names. he asks me how school is, etc. etc.

the company i hate (freakin h-a-t-e) is DHL. my hard drive on my laptop died, and i needed to send it back to dell to replace it within 5 days or they would charge me for the new hard drive (since the laptop was still under warrantly they were replacing it for free). it took 2 bloody weeks for DHL to get to my house. meaning, everyday i had to wait 3 hours to get to someone on dell to tell them DHL wasn't there yet. so, i finally called DHL and the guy on the other end of the phone was chewing potato chips while talking to me, and saying "uh huh" the whole time. then he told me that he happened to be talking to the driver "as we speak" (yeah what a coincidence...) and he's trying to find my house. at the time, i lived in a small neighborhood consisting of 15 or so brick houses that all looked the same. a big yellow DHL van would have stuck out, if the guy was actually around my house looking for it.

i refuse to do business with DHL, or with companies that will only ship DHL.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

DHL delivered a $2500 check to a house 6 miles from mine. A guy bought a 53-56 frame from me and was having it shipped to Florida. The buyer sent the check via DHL so it would be here overnight and it took 4-5 days to figure out where my money was. Needless to say, the frame was not leaving my place until I had the wallet-sized portraits of dead presidents. The transport company had to send another truck when we finally figured out where the check was. DHL argued the entire time that they delivered it here even though someone was home everyday.
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
DocDave

Post by DocDave »

I once used Fedex to ship in a special windshield for a 40' boat from Florida. I got a quote of $700 canadian to Toronto. When I went down to accept the order I had them bring it out for inspection before I shipped to Ottawa for installation.
Forklift driver brings a large crate marked ALL OVER IT "This side up, Caution Glass" Of course he had it on it's side. I promptly informed them that the $10,000 price of the window would be expected from the insurance if it was broken.
It luckily was Ok and made it to Ottawa were we installed it.
Then Fedex sent me a bill for almost double what the quote was for the Florida to Toronto shipping! I had the guys name and number who quoted and finnally got it straightened out.
That was one of my better deals actually. Cost me 2500 US plus shipping and billed out for 15000 Can. taxes in. But it was the last remaining windshield available for that boat anywhere in the world!
:D :D :D
From a guy without his Ford that he left on a rock in the North Atlantic.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Lawsy, ain't never seen a boat that was worth as much as that windsheild here in Alberta
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

Really? They're out there. $10K isn't much when it comes to boats. Plenty of high-dollar units in Sylvan Lake. Northern SK is full of 'em too.

Oh yeah, UPS sucks...
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Sylvan lake is past the imaginary arctic circle that I rarely cross, north of town limits in Red Deer. Last time I was there was about 1969.

Some ski boats down here but not too many fancy ones.. no place to run 'em
DocDave

Post by DocDave »

The boat was a 41 foot Chris Craft Amerosport, supposedly worth 150000
Insurance gladly paid the 15000 for the windshield. If Chris Craft had had one it would have been 19000 not installed
And the owner was tryin to beat me for the 1000 deductible :D
The agent set him straight on that point. Guy was retired at 30 somthin with at least a couple million dollar house. But that's probably why he had it all, bein cheap.
Dave
DocDave

Post by DocDave »

Ontario is full of really expensive boats. I was working on one that the refit they were doing was over a mill and that was back in the mid 80's :shock: Guess the boat was around 3 to 4 mill
Dave
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Its not going to get better,,, Just recieved a letter from Ups that rates are going up January 1st 4.5% on all charges we have been shipping DHL Services for the last month with no problem so far
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

DocDave wrote:Ontario is full of really expensive boats. I was working on one that the refit they were doing was over a mill and that was back in the mid 80's :shock: Guess the boat was around 3 to 4 mill
Dave

Boats hold the same attraction to me as Harleys. Toys with absolutely no relevance to my life.
Useful as a camel train to me. :dontknow:,like someone in Texas owning a snowmobile.
Glad other people can enjoy them though. :D :thumright:

oh and Tom, that ain't good news about UPS either.
I see you bought a new truck.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Yes we got a new truck F-450 with car hauler bed by Hodges out of Kentucky,,, Took it to Moultrie & Turkey Rod Run now we can haul 3 @ a time only drawbacks is that we had to get 30000 tag in which was a $ 1,000,000 insurance policy had to go in just to get plate for the truck but hope this will help us to help people to get running slicks & non-running slicks across the country :)
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Thats kewl Tom. Club needs you! :thumright:

this just in from my dad:

The True Origin of the Internet

In ancient Israel , it came to pass that a trader by the name of Abraham Com did take unto himself a young wife by the name of Dot.

And Dot Com was a comely woman, broad of shoulder and long of leg. Indeed, she had been called 'Amazon Dot Com.'

And she said unto Abraham, her husband, "Why doth thou travel far from town to town with thy goods, when thou can trade without ever leaving thy tent?"

And Abraham did look at her as though she were several saddle bags short of a camel load, but simply said, "How, dear?" And Dot replied, "I will place drums in all the towns and drums in between to send messages saying what you have for sale and they will reply telling you which hath the best price. And the sale can be made on the drums and delivery made by Uriah's Pony Stable (UPS)."

Abraham thought long and decided he would let Dot have her way with the drums. And the drums rang out and were an immediate success. Abraham sold all the goods he had at the top price, without ever moving from his tent.

But this success did arouse envy. A man named Maccabia did secret himself inside Abraham's drum and was accused of insider trading. And the young men did take to Dot Com's trading as doth the greedy horsefly take to camel dung. They were called Nomadic Ecclesiastical Rich Dominican Siderites, or NERDS for short.

And lo, the land was so feverish with joy at the new riches and the deafening sound of drums that no one noticed that the real riches were going to the drum maker, one Brother William of Gates, who bought up every drum company in the land. And indeed did insist on making drums that would work only with Brother Gates' drumheads and drumsticks.

And Dot did say, "Oh, Abraham, what we have started is being taken over by others."

And as Abraham looked out over the Bay of Ezekiel ,(or as it came to be known - "eBay") he said, "We need a name that reflects what we are."

And Dot replied, "Young Ambitious Hebrew Owner Operators."

"YAHOO," said Abraham.

And that is how it all began. It wasn't Al Gore after all !!!