Time for an Intervention!

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Sinc

Time for an Intervention!

Post by Sinc »

Hey Guys,

Let's face it...2008 was a pretty miserable year for the MAC. There were no "major" get-togethers, a few of us kept in touch (email, cell phones, face-to-face, or whatever), a few of us attended various local car shows but neglected to inform the rest of the gang as to there whereabouts, and worst of all not a single MACster made the effort to attend SS-08. I'm certainly not accusing anyone, Lord knows that I'm guilty too! It was, by all accounts, an off-year for everyone concerned.

The point of this post is to "hopefully" get the ball rolling for 2009. It is still too early to make any short-range plans (weather notwithstanding). But, I'm asking everyone to PLEASE put on your thinking caps and see what you can come up with. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

There are too many great guys in our chapter, and too many great stories, and too much talent, and too many outstanding Slicks to just let the MAC slip below the waves. At least think about it...Please!

Anyway, I hope that everyone is doing well and I especially hope to see everyone "sometime" during 2009.

...Bill
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

OK I'll start..................

My name is Tim and I am suffering severe withdrawals!

There is a Swap Meet --indoors and out at Allentown Fairgrounds next week end. Jan 16-18. I will be there Sat morning--usually opens at 9.
If anyone wants to meet for breakfast, I'll be at the Queen City diner just east of RT 78 on Lehigh street (about 1/2 mile off exit ,just after Hess gas station on right) at 7:30 AM
http://www.automaniashows.com/automania/index.html

There is also an Outdoor Expo--BIG in Reading the same weekend. I'll think I'll hit that the same day in the afternoon.
http://www.greaterreadingexpocenter.com ... e_Page.asp
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Sinc

Post by Sinc »

Good for you Tim! Now that's what I'm talking about! Thanks for sharing. I'll bet you fell better about yourself already. Come on MACsters, group hug. Let's join Tim at those shows! Afterwards we'll sing Kumbaya. I know that I feel better already.

Seriously, thanks Tim! Good idea and I'll try to make it.

...Bill
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

Good post Bill. I'll bite too...

Weekend MAC meet... 6/26/09 to 6/28/09

Friday till Sunday. Come alone or bring the faimly.. Stay at the cabin, plenty of room or Camp out, lots of room. There is also a couple nice hotels near by.

Bring your stories, fishing pole, and your slick..
Jason

Beer will change the world.

I don't know how but it will.
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

I was going withdrawls all last year. I had all intentions of going to ss til my gallbladder decided to have to come out and steal all my vacation time. All for it. I know everybody hates Carlilse trucks, but I went and hung out with the FTE'ers from the mid-atlantic region (of course I had one of the oldest trucks there) but had a ball. They kinda remind me of us a couple of years ago. They had a guy from Australia and california who I found out later had a 62'. So I'm for it.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
Sinc

Post by Sinc »

Cool! Jason and Charlie, thanks for your replies. This gives me a little hope. Maybe, we're not dead yet.

Does anyone have this year's Carlisle dates yet?

Jason, whenever you get a chance, could you post directions to your place and maybe some motel information. Thanks!

Later...
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Come on you guys. You need to be doing a bunch of smaller road trips this year to get into shape for the biggie next Year. I hope we hear of a HUGE convoy coming to SS from the East, just remember how great a time you had in 04. We really missed every one from the east in K.C. last Year but I am positive we will be seeing you next year in Iowa, who would want to miss the Tornado sirens.......................Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

I was there in spirit rootin for you guys.

Garbz
Sinc

Post by Sinc »

Whoops! I forgot that Garbz was at SS-08. Sorry Dave! Thanks for supporting the cause...
cookster4495

Post by cookster4495 »

Ummmm, I kinda fell on the ice friday nite making a delivery and broke my right leg and dislocated my foot also. Soooooooooo after surgery thursday afternoon,I'm not allowed to do anything for 8 weeks. :(
Then a couple of more weeks therapy,yada,yada,yada. Should be ready for Ford carlisle show :D ... As my slicks lay silent :cry: Larry
1961 f250 4x4
1964 f250 crew cab
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Ouch that not good hope you mend well.
Tom Williams
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

I heard that you cracked your ass too!!!!

Get Well soon BIG MAN !
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

And they tried to tell us down here in York, That was an earthquake :cussing: scared.gif
All jokes aside, I hope the surgery goes well and your recovery is speedy.

Those slicks will wait. After all, They've waited 40+ years as it is.

Good luck big buddy.
Chuck
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

OUCH! sorry to hear that Larry, get well soon.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
Sinc

Post by Sinc »

ATTENTION!

The Cookster/Sinc Wheelchair Grudge Race has been rescheduled for February 28th. Time and location TBD...

Hey Larry, hang in there and get well soon!

...Sinc
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

As long as it's not on a icy hill!

Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
cookster4495

Post by cookster4495 »

One legged ass-kicking contest at 11am then off to the hospital for 1pm,under the knife at 3 :shock: . Then lay around bitch and moan for a couple of weeks :lol:
1961 f250 4x4
1964 f250 crew cab
needmoretime

Post by needmoretime »

Not sure where to start! maybe starting is step one! I think with all the talk about gas in 08 it kinda made anyone with a slick kinda of feel bad. I have some ideas in the works. To early to share but promises to satisfy the appetite. :lol:
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Wayne, we will permit you to be absent from all MAC activities for the year provided your truck actually begins to resemble something other than a pile of pretty painted parts.
scared.gif
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
needmoretime

Post by needmoretime »

I think that was a slam! :roll:

Slam noted! butbut.gif