I need some serious help with this addiction

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ripsnorter

I need some serious help with this addiction

Post by ripsnorter »

Ok this is getting bad.

I started out with 0 trucks. Looking for a roughly 61-66 ford.

2 weeks later I somehow had 3.

Now I've found a pretty little 62(ish) 4x4 halfton shortbox about 5 miles from my place back in the weeds that I'm sorely tempted to try and talk the owner out of.

I have no place to put these trucks except out in the weeds next to my other 2 non-drivable 63s, 85 F250, 69 Lincoln Mk III, 93 Bonneville, 41 Chevy Coupe, 87 S10, and 96 YZF600 (wrecked by me by tossing it over an embankment and into a tree. half of which i happened to be onboard the bike for. Luckily I was midair when bike intersected tree.) Not a single one of these actually drive.

I also have no place to work on any of these as I still need to build my shop. I need all available money to buy the materials, permits etc for said shop.

I've also found a beautiful little 65(ish) all original and unrestored V8 3/4 ton that i'm absolutely in love with and contemplating talking the owner out of as he wants to turn it into a flatbed and lower it. :(

I've found 2 more in the classifieds.

I think i spotted a few more in the weeds while driving around looking at that 4 wheel drive.

Someone please talk me out of dragging any more of these things home, explain to me why I shouldnt screw with anymore of them til I'm finished with the one I'm working on.

(sobbing)
Trukcrazy

Post by Trukcrazy »

Sorry, I will be no help at all with this. At this moment I have 2 - 67 crewcabs, 2 - 67 long beds, 1 - 68 Ranger, 1 - 06 F150 STX.

The non-Fords are 1 - 05 GTO, 1- 95 Grand Prix and 1 - 94 Grand Prix.

I keep trying to get more but am out of space for anymore. :lol: Good luck and there is no such thing as "too many". :lol: :lol:
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Me thinks you're asking the wrong group of folks as the vast majority of us here have a similar or the very same behavior. :steering: :thumright:

To answer the Question, there's no logical or real reason in our minds to stop, however such groups as a County Zoning Board, certain Citizens Groups, or the derranged neighbors who collect nothing but more angry neighbors by complaining over what we collect & now in the BiKiNi State, Florida Home Owner Insurance Companies (also known as thieves and cheaters) are a just few folks or groups you might ask why. :stick: :bangin: :help:

They seem to know everything about running everybody elses business, but nothing about keeping their nose out of where it does not really belong. :roll:

Besides, if Smithsonian didn't collect stuff where would we go to see what used to be ? ? ? ? :idea:

FBp 8) :lol: :roll: :lol:
Change is the Only Constant
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

How does Miss Ripsnorter feel about this addiction? :D

I agree with these guys, we're the wrong sort of group to approach for help with your newfound habit. I've currently got 7 in my back yard (one is my kid's, 1 is parts truck), 5 in the front (2 are kids cars) & 1 in the garage.
I'd love to build a garage to store most of those, but I keep spending it on other things...like more vehicles. :lol:

This summer, I decided to make a shelter or two to cover up some of the...ummm...collection. :D I wanted to get something like this...

...but for one the size I needed, it would cost around $2600 + shipping! :shock: Forget that noise.
I decided to make my own, with a wood frame & thick tarp material for a covering...the tarp is actually old billboards I bought from a guy in the billboard business.

This cost me a grand total of $671.82. :D
There's no foundation, just 27 poles sunk 2-1/2 to 3 feet in the ground. It's 20x30 & 9 feet tall. Sort of a mini pole barn.

Here it is with the doors on.

Three toys tucked away. :D

My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Here's my other two.
This was my first attempt, from a couple years ago...I later decided I shouldn't have made a flat roof. :roll: I'm gonna remedy that next summer. It's a truck parked on a trailer & a cover over the whole deal...2 birds with one stone, yes? :D

No poles in the ground, the framework is bolted to the trailer, with the trailer off the ground resting on wood planks. You could actually tow this away...not that you'd want to.

This one I made last spring, after I found that the car cover I had on the Mustang leaked & frose to the paint, ruining the apparently poor paint job on the trunk lid. :evil:

Paint carnage... :x

The solution to avoid more paint carnage. :D
This one's 8x20. Looking back, I should have made it 9x20, for more wiggle room inside. Oh well, it's not permanent.

My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Birddog63

Post by Birddog63 »

I may be building something like that soon just so I can play a bit over the winter. Similar issue here, no workshop nearby...

As far as the addiction.... I wanted a turbo GLH wound up with 2 and eventually a plain Omni that many of the GLH parts wound up on...
Wanted an SVO mustang wound up with 2 SVOs 1 '88 Turbo bird and a 79 Mustang that the turbo bird parts migrated into... Wanted a Grand Wagoneer and wound up with a GW and an 81 Cherokee Chief.......Could go on and on and on..... :roll:
May be hard to get help here on that one :D
He just takes his tractor another round....another round......another round....

A closed mouth gathers no foot!
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

Son you don't have a problem. What you have is good luck, getting them cheep or free, your sweety pie seem to like these trucks, plus you are saving them from the crusher. and could make some cash selling parts you my friend got it made in that part of life. Take 2 aspren get some rest and tell yourself im ok, im ok,im ok. lol

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

My stepside makes 5 Slicks I've had + a 63 Uni I "babysat" for a couple months.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

FORDMANLCRACKEL wrote:Son you don't have a problem. What you have is good luck, getting them cheep or free, your sweety pie seem to like these trucks, plus you are saving them from the crusher. and could make some cash selling parts you my friend got it made in that part of life. Take 2 aspren get some rest and tell yourself im ok, im ok,im ok. lol

Lonnie

you've convinced me.

Now i just need to convince my neighbors, family and bill collectors :D

2 more trucks wont hurt though....

Actually as soon as my new camera gets here I plan on taking as many pictures as i can of these little treasures I've been finding and posting em on up here for all to enjoy :D
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

cant help you sorry i passed the 12 step program long ago.
thats just in slicks
got a few others as well, 64 fairlane 500,couple fridges,a bumpside, 47 cornbinder
had to get a 66 bus to put all my parts in
[albumimg]578[/albumimg]
[albumimg]577[/albumimg]
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

Thats right those slicks can sit in your weeds just as good as someone elses weeds. lol

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

I've got yet another problem.

Today, while driving my father to the doctors, I passed a beautiful little black shortbox sitting in a diner eating lunch. had a for sale sign in it too, but since I couldnt stop i had oinklette race up in the car to get the number. it was gone when she got there though :(

however on the way home, going a different route, i saw TWO little beauties, a step and style, sitting next to the road with for sale signs. both looked to be in very nice shape too.

I'm in agony here :(
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

I have a possible solution. Simplify, consolidate and focus.

Keep the F250 for hauling parts for these various projects. Hold on to the 63's.

Decide if the Mark III is restorable. If not, transplant the motor (460, I presume?) into one of the slicks. Part out the remains of the Lincoln.

Keep the 41 Chev for future consideration.

Finally, trade the Bonneville for a 350, some DOM tubing, a racing seat, and some 14" aluminum wheels. Swap said 350 into the S-10, then sell it. Combine the the DOM tubing, racing seat, wheels, and the YZF600 motor into a go-kart/speedster/sprint car type of creation.

Done, done, and done! :)
71 LONG BED

Post by 71 LONG BED »

This was recently posted on FORDification and original posted on pirate4x4. Your not alone!
John
Image Image Image
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

funnily enough, while driving my father to pick up his truck from the mechanics, I saw yet another one sitting in a commuters lot. looked like a 66 I think.

So that makes 4 slicks I saw in one day. 3 of them for sale.

Oh and I went to look at the two that were for sale in the field, he wants $800 for the pair, one has a small block V8 in it, (not sure what flavor) last licensed in 2005 and said to run good.

I have this desperate desire to buy every single one of these I can, because I'm convinced that if I dont, next week there wont be a single one left on the planet.

I like those ideas Big M, but they would entail me actually having a shop to work in. which i need to stop dragging vehicles home long enough to actually build heh.
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

Sorry no answers to this prob. just peer pressure. I hate looking in the ads anymore, seen a 62' fairlane and a 62 Falcon ranchero for sale......real tempting!
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
adrianspeeder
United States of America

Post by adrianspeeder »

Fleets are fun!

Keep collectin...

Adrianspeeder
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Problem? What problem? I only wish I had the chance to buy that many at reasonable prices. If you find one here, it usually is a rust bucket, and not cheap. That's why I go looking for sheet metal all the time. Beds, cabs, and radiater supports, plus hoods. Don't forget good crack free steering wheels, and dash pads. You don't have a problem, you have opportunity knocking at your door. Someday there won't be any and you will mourn the loss.

Rich
64's, 1 short , 1 long styleside f100's, 1 long styleside f250, 1 shorbed stepside f100
65 f100 long styleside Ranger, 65 f100 shorbed,
66 f100 shortbed slyleside, f100 longbed styleside and two 66 parts trucks at present, and looking for more.

Rich
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

heres the two for sale on the side of the road.

I'm arguing with myself over possibly trying to buy the white one, as it looks like a 250 from the 8 lug wheels. I dont really need the blue steppy though as I already have plenty of 1/2 tons. Shortboxes also really dont do me much good with my uses for trucks.

Off in the back you can see a '57-ish tow truck that was pretty cool looking too.

I obviously can't afford/talk my family into letting me bring home every truck I've found out here, so if anyone is interested in them and would like me to check into them for you, give me a holler.
71 LONG BED

Post by 71 LONG BED »

The styleside only has 8 lugs in the back. It looks like a hybride F100. Not a bad looking truck though.
John
Image Image Image