Evilbay has me going to Colorado this coming week

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64 f100

Evilbay has me going to Colorado this coming week

Post by 64 f100 »

Bought another 66 on evilbay, in Fountain Colorado. Leaving either Monday, or Tuesday. Monday most likely. Will spend a couple days there looking for parts, then pull the other truck home. I bought a truck bed from a member some while back, so, I'm toying with the idea of striping the bed off my 66 and driving out without hood and bed, hoping to find hood. Found a dandy there in august but doubt it's still there. Should have bought it then and stored it at my brotherinlaws. Hindsight is always better than forsight. Will be traveling 70 all the way. Going to hit it hard, and try and make it in one day. Getting far to old for that kind of trip, but will give it a shot. Made it in 13 hours many years ago, not long after I70 was finished, and weren't many do right boys along the way. Weren't many gas staions at that time either, especially at night. Hardly any traffic, you could let loose and let run. That old 70 Superbee would sing a healthy song, and top out somewhere around 150. The good old days are gone along with the 25 cent a gallon gas, my reflexes, eyesight, strong back, and a lot of other good things. So, if any of you see a brown 66 with no bed or hood, wave and honk it will be me. Anything I can do for anyone, in the way of hauling something let me know. This is going to be an expensive trip, might as well help anyone along the way I can.

Rich
Jonas
United States of America

Post by Jonas »

Good luck Rich. Sounds like it will be an adventure.
1966 F100 SWB 390/Toploader/Ford traction Loc

1997 F250HD 460 4X4

2004 RoadKing

1984 FLHS

1978FXE
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Well, that's a "kill two birds with one stone" type of approach. :wink: Good luck, I hope you have favorable weather, too.

Do you have the eGouge link? I wanna see this truck. :D
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!