The Ultimate Slick

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

robert porterfield

Post by robert porterfield »

chel, greg i have to agree that would be extra cool, sorry greg, i'm still preety old sckool for power, but do like cummins, in the form of a 2 turbo ktta cummins, good for 700 hp right out of the box....then say to keep things intrsting a 10x4 trans's? hoe about like chel say's 3.70's on tall rubber, or if like on the ground look, could do 336 or 321 on those little 22.5 rubber, and agree'd long low and big pipes, think 2 tone paint is it also....240 250 wb is good lenth, don't forget the "ramp's" and a decent lenth slider, i would opt for eatpn rearend's due to fact that they offer capability of having a driver controlled wheel diff lock, fairly standerd equipt in my neck of woods that would definatly be different "bunked" up as west coast long logger, how about a photo shop of that?....
lifes hard wear helmet!
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

foodstick wrote:Didn't they build a short wheel base rumble seat version of that truck? :lol:

That would be quite the hot rod truck, I like what you did with it.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Brian Taylor wrote:Michelle I will come down this summer and we can start making your "Super N". We can start with this N from Barclays.
http://fordtruk.com/forums/album_pic.ph ... er_id=1770
Alex will help too.
Brian, that old N would be a good starting place. The front and rear cab mounts, the cab and a few more parts we could use. I need to find a truck with with big horse power and respectible wheel base for a chassis. We then mount that cab on the donor chassis and get a fiberglass hood made and after a couple of months of tweaking we could be in business. I have wanted to build one of these for several years now. Every time I look at that picture I get the fever again.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Greg D wrote:That long N would just be the chit!
Drop a nice double wide sleeper behind the cab, Cummins ISX, dual stacks, and a 13 and you'd be set.
Would have to be painted Turquoise/White though.
Be cool to see it painted 2 tone like the smaller trucks too.
Maybe Scallops.
:mrgreen:
OK, Greg, we can paint it turquoise and white if you want to.
Michelle

bit

Post by bit »

that is way cool i wish i still had my extra cab n style :(

bit
100 Years from now it will matter
DIESEL DADDY

Post by DIESEL DADDY »

Hi me again I'm not really quit I just don't type much even if the army changed my mos from truckdriver to teletype operator. Michelle- I'll always be on your side I'm a member of AHTS also and that "NL1000" has been in my head for years and I almost "messed my pants" when I saw your picture. I was thinking about a 903 cummins-nonturbo- they almost sound like an old flathead 320 hp enough for the work you'd do with it.thats my thoughts. thanks for the welcomefrom all I have a 63 unibody that came from OK back in 94 I've finaly figured out what i want to do with it-95 crown vic chassis now to get the time to do it
Dennis
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

That would be a cool truck and I am with you Michelle about old school power. The 1693 would be nice and so would the 3408 with a 5x4 behind it. I drove a old KW years ago that had the 3408 and 5x4 combo and loved it. A guy I worked for bought a truck unseen and when he got it delivered it had a 2 stick in it, most of the drivers just stood there and looked at it and had no idea how to drive it. I tried to get him to keep it and let me drive it but he sold it. I like foodsticks photoshop of the truck and think it would really be a head turner, An old W900 A model would make a cool truck like foodsticks photoshop. Make the rear hood flip just like the front and have it all storage under it. Man foodstick we really need a building the size of Wal-Mart for all our ideas.