65 and 67 Power steering?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

65 F100 CC

65 and 67 Power steering?

Post by 65 F100 CC »

Hello, I have a question on a 67 F100. Is the power steering and column the same length as a 65? I have a bendix gear box on my 65 and maybe acquiring a nice 67 that does not have power steering and was wondering what to start looking for. Thanks, Mark.
If you drive a Chevy, you better have a Good Wrench and even the name Dodge, tells you to avoid it!
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i believe everything is the same. the actual column will be different because of the mounting bracket for just under the dash, but the other stuff should be the same.
i know we put the firewall bracket, shaft and box out of a 68 into a 65. hope this helps.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
banjopicker66

Post by banjopicker66 »

Since the Bendix power steering box was used up to early or mid '69, you could use those steering columns.
I put a '72 column in my '66, but it was for the Ford power steering box, and it bolted in just fine.
f you are striving for a purist look, the late '60s column will look good, but it won't be accurate.
You will need to cut about 1/4 inch off the top of the steering shaft, though, to get your horn button to sit correctly. I used a dremel cutoff wheel with it in the truck because I discovered this only after the column was in the truck.