What have you done to your slick today??

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Toyz
United States of America

Re: What have you done to your slick today??

Post by Toyz »

Casey 65 wrote:Doesn't sound like a good time. I'm not surprised at the attitude from someone sworn "To Protect & Serve"

Makes you wonder about the definition of protect & serve...
I suspect her intent was good. This county doesn't pay their deputies near enough for what they endure. This area has one of the highest ratios of "beer joints" to populance, as well as many other problems. I probably "fit the profile" with my greasy jeans and t-shirt, and I certainly agree with her in that the vehicle would not be safe there on a Saturday night; hell, houses aren't safe against our mean drunk drivers. We've got so many people with suspended licenses that golf carts and rowboats have become popular transportation alternatives. I asked one acquaintance why he didn't just get a bicycle, and he replied, "man, you can get hurt on them things" :roll:
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

I touched it a couple times,
getting some things for the new house out of the bed.
Walked by it to get a screwdriver from the cabinet.
I likely won't touch it at all til the new shop is built here and I get her moved over.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
65f100_Thug
United States of America

Post by 65f100_Thug »

worked some dings on the back of the cab and welded the old gas hole up and smoothed it out.
HAVE YOU DISASSEMBLED A FORD LATELY?

10136 98349929981298119816
White97

Post by White97 »

Took it for another shake-down run. New rad doing the job, temp held at 190. Brake rod adjustment got the brakes working correctly now.
Lou

1965 F100 Short Bed
DukeRoche
United States of America

Post by DukeRoche »

Not as glamorous as some but I'm finally in between terms and got to do some work. Picked up a used set of rear leaf springs this summer and was able to get them washed up at the local car wash today for treatment later this week. Hoping to have them all painted up before next term starts which I think is the Wednesday after Thanksgiving. Hope everyone has a great holiday.
The Green Machine

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

After spending exorbitant amounts of time locating, straightening and de-anodizing the side moldings, and noting the debris accumulated under them, I decided to weld up the holes and move on. So, Spot's got his spots back. At the current rate of progress, he should once again be "spotless" by SS6, I hope.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
bmcgc
United States of America

Post by bmcgc »

Repaired my leaking carb, sanded the lower portion of the dash, traced the wiring on my non-functional temp gauge.
Over the hill and picking up speed!

1966 F100 (Mine)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
2012 Dodge Caliber (Hers-under protest)
1998 1100 Aero (Hers)
2001 1100 Aero (Mine)

Wish List:

Win Indy 500
Ask Elvis WTH he has been
Spend the summer as Meatloafs Roadie
Be a member of the "Five Timers" club
WrongBedDave
United States of America

Post by WrongBedDave »

Drove the truck around to pick up a free couch for the house today :rocker:

Looking forward to this weekend rolling around and the winter break starting so i can finally make progress again
Dave

63 Wrong Bed 2WD : 302/C4, drip rails shaved, aluminum radiator/e-fan, 16 gallon fuel cell, "custom" gauges, 1000W sound system

Photobucket Album:
http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/j413/davewave649/
Build Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=27105
Gary Seymour
United States of America

Post by Gary Seymour »

Today I got the spring/washer/clip assembled to the turn signal switch. So the switch and cancellers work as they should. Not much, but it's something and I'm happy it works.
WrongBedDave
United States of America

Post by WrongBedDave »

Gary Seymour wrote:Today I got the spring/washer/clip assembled to the turn signal switch. So the switch and cancellers work as they should. Not much, but it's something and I'm happy it works.
Its the little things that make a difference. Like working brake lights and turn signals. Already went through those problems 8)
Dave

63 Wrong Bed 2WD : 302/C4, drip rails shaved, aluminum radiator/e-fan, 16 gallon fuel cell, "custom" gauges, 1000W sound system

Photobucket Album:
http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/j413/davewave649/
Build Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=27105
bmcgc
United States of America

Post by bmcgc »

Looked at a C6, column, and linkage.

1966 F100 (Mine)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
1998 1100 Aero (Hers)
2001 1100 Aero (Mine)

Wish List:

Win Indy 500
Lowell
United States of America

Post by Lowell »

Drove mine to town today, and when i came out of the store and hit the key ,it would only click. With the help of a bystander we pushed and it started when i popped the clutch. Drove home and started checking it out. Thought the starter had gone bad,but i tightened the post on it and its working again. Sure glad i had a standard tranny or would have been walking home.
Brians1966
United States of America

Post by Brians1966 »

Brought her out for a run - got back and the throughout bearing is making noise :cussing:- guess I will pull the tranny this week bang.gif
1966 F-100 LONG BED, 240cid 3 speed red and white, Red and White Interior with a Mossy Oak Seat Cover
2013 Ford F150 STX Supercab 5.0 litre

DETERMINATION: The feeling you get right before you try to do something incredibly stupid!

CONFIDENCE: Is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation!
Lee's 64

Post by Lee's 64 »

Nothing! Spending all my free time building her a house 2 live in. 32x38 garage. But at least she's in the dry now. Haven't even been on here n a long time. I can't wait 2 get back 2 wk on her and finish some lose ends. I'm sure it will b next year. Hey Thug! Been watch'in yur build. I like the way the truck looks. LEE
IF YOU DROVE A FORD......YOU WOULDN'T NEED A GOODWRENCH!!!!!!!!!!

1964 Ford CustomCab Shortbed
1952 Ford 8N Tractor
2012 Ford F250 CrewCab
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

Brians1966 wrote:Brought her out for a run - got back and the throughout bearing is making noise :cussing:- guess I will pull the tranny this week bang.gif
you should holler next time. i will meet you out and about brian.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Not a damn thing. I have gotten most of the PO's room maze demo done on the inside of the new shop. Just one huge beam that runs the full length of the building to cut into pieces and remove. Not sure I can do that by myself.
Building some shelving to put in the side rooms to hold the remainder of the boxes of "house junk" that got temporarily stored in the shop area when we moved. Afraid to just dump the boxes as I've found several things that I was missing for a while, including my favorite picture of my wife.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
bmcgc
United States of America

Post by bmcgc »

Used the truck to haul some used parts that I sold to the Harley dealer. He got some stuff thats in my way, I git a $300 gift card.

1966 F100 (Mine)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
1998 1100 Aero (Hers)
2001 1100 Aero (Mine)

Wish List:

Win Indy 500
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

Hi. New here. Today I flushed my engine block with vinegar water to get all the rust out. Popped my radiator a few weeks back on my 65. Got a summit aluminum for $144. Tomorrow I'll figure out the top rad mount. Something fancy I hope. Oh also had to take apart and clean my starter out. I can't believe that it works still. Considering the brushes are warn to shiz. It fired my truck right up after the clean out.. Who the hell decided on three bolts on the starter. What a pain in the arse. Anyway thanks for all the valuable info on this site. Found you guys today and looking forward to sharing my project and viewing yours. Thanks.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

milldinaire wrote:Hi. New here. Today I flushed my engine block with vinegar water to get all the rust out. Popped my radiator a few weeks back on my 65. Got a summit aluminum for $144. Tomorrow I'll figure out the top rad mount. Something fancy I hope. Oh also had to take apart and clean my starter out. I can't believe that it works still. Considering the brushes are warn to shiz. It fired my truck right up after the clean out.. Who the hell decided on three bolts on the starter. What a pain in the arse. Anyway thanks for all the valuable info on this site. Found you guys today and looking forward to sharing my project and viewing yours. Thanks.
two six inch extensions are your friend for that top bolt. welcome to slick60s.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

Thanks for the tip. Being my radiator was out. I just climbed in the bay, reached over hugged my motor. With a half inch ratchet wrench the bolt went in like a charm. By the way my motor exhaust manifold has a huge heat shield sitting over the starter. Couldn't get long extension on it. Can't wait for headers.