Side Mirror help?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jakdad

Post by jakdad »

I am shopping for some of the 3.5" x 5.5" door mount mirrors. I think Ford used these in the 70s and 80s. I had them on a truck in the 70s and could see OK. They are chrome and those dimensions are approximate.
Jim
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

jakdad wrote:I wish you fella's had my mirrors and I had some I could see out of.........

Hey, Jim, these mirrors are good for seeing out of...

[albumimg]2731[/albumimg]
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

GLindley wrote:
jakdad wrote:I wish you fella's had my mirrors and I had some I could see out of.........

Hey, Jim, these mirrors are good for seeing out of...

[albumimg]2731[/albumimg]

Those are nice. Looks like they mount to my current mounts. I haven't found any like those. Wonder if the come in chrome? I would use them.
Jim
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

I need them door mirrors as well. I was also thinking about the peep mirrors at top of the door, but dont think the two together would look cool. Help me make a decision please? lol. anyone have pics of both on a door?
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:
ras4434 wrote:jwhf100: I took a drimil tool and a thin cut off tool and went to work on my door. I used a cardboard template I made from a slick that had the mirror cutouts and then transferred it to the one that did not. Old school carbon paper. Then carefully used the drimil tool to cut it out. The bolt holes throught he side of the door were there so all in all it took about 2 hours. Remember to use masking tape on the door first. It holds the carbon transfer and cuts down on scratches.

very interesting.i never saw a slick door that did not have the rectangular hole in it from the factory.

On my 62 Uni , about as plain jane as you could get, no options, the drivers side has the rectangle hole but the pass side does not.
Fred
crewzinforabrewzin

Post by crewzinforabrewzin »

my '66 has the slots dont know if it came with mirrors on both dooors or not. got the empty hole on drivers side where there once was one but the passenger side door has a plastic cap over the hole the cap looks like it might have been origanal never seen another one anywhere though....kinda like them kick plates evryone needs but cant find
CONCIEVED IN DADS CHEVY BUT WILL DIE IN GPRAMPS FORD
65Truck_Nut

Post by 65Truck_Nut »

I bought a set of mirrors from LMC and they looked great but one cold cold winter day last year i shut the door and the mirror glass fell out on the ground and shattered. LMC might have exchanged it. I might still try since i go in there all the time. I found a FMCO NEW OLD STOCK on eBay came in the origional box with all the bolts rubber gasket and instructions and got it for $40.00 MY wifes origional 66 3 speed OD sports it. but it takes alot of patients and luck to find and win one like that on ebay.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Truckfarmer do you still have that panel truck ???,, I can show you how to talk care of that blind spot like I did on mine
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

Tom, my panel is in the corner of the shed waiting for me to save enough money to trust another bodyshop. Send me the details of how you solved the blindspot.

I was also thinking about the peep mirrors at top of the door, but dont think the two together would look cool. Help me make a decision please? lol. anyone have pics of both on a door?

My 66 only had 1 peep mirror on top of the driver's door when I got it. Not much of a view from it. I added the stock mirrors but didn't remove the peep mirror for fear of what damage was done to the paint under it. Look in my gallery.
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

I will as soon as I can find the after picture, I have to scan it so then I can transfer to this site
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Truckfarmer what I did was took the 2 small windows out and welded the whole top part of a 53/54 Ford Ranch Wagon in the place of this, so instead of having 2 small windows you could not see out of, I have one big one now that I can see out of a whole better.. More or less like having a small window truck and a big window , what a difference on seeing out,, Of course I welded both doors together to make this possible, used the Pinto S/W For all the hardware to make it lift up, used late model Caddy skinny lights, and rear bumper is off a 92/97 Ford Truck that is the front that has been cut may ways to fit the back of the panel..

[albumimg]3396[/albumimg]
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS