wow!

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

texas trux

wow!

Post by texas trux »

i went to the bone yard today to look for some parts and they had afreakn clean little 65F100 lwb (custom cab) everything was there man i could not believe it. IT WAS ALITTLE RUFF AROUND THE EDGES BUT CLEAN AND STRAIGHT
8)
NG3
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

I like how people call Slick's rare when they show up all over the place. Good find you going to save it?
Tom Williams
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

And... it's in your driveway? You can't post incomplete sentences like that man, you'll get people all rattled and what not! :P
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
tbritt

Post by tbritt »

WHAT'S THE REST OF THE STORY.................??
Beer's cheaper than Gas
Drink don't drive
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

And the pictures. Haven't we told you to get pictures?
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
62galxe

Post by 62galxe »

wheres the picture of it in your driveway?
1963 uni PATINA BLUE
1965 short bed
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Where is it in west Texas?
Dammit man, west Texas encompasses a LOT of real estate.
:lol:
Several guys here in Houston are looking for cabs and beds.
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
My1stSlick
United States of America

Post by My1stSlick »

An unrusted bed!!!! My kingdom for an unrusted bed!

cry.gif
texas trux

Post by texas trux »

ok sorry no its not in my drive wy my wife would shoot me. No i didnt buy it said they wud make more parting it out. Dang it it just look to nice to start pulling parts off of. They may not be rare but they are getting harder to find this clean. and its in Abilene ,Tx white on red lwb wth a 292 i'll take som pics but i really suk at posting them but i will try :oops:
NG3
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

I went to Abilene awhile back..........................came back home a few days later...............I didn't bring anything back with me and that's a good thing........................
Last edited by jakdad on December 8, 2009, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

texas trux wrote:ok sorry no its not in my drive wy my wife would shoot me. No i didnt buy it said they wud make more parting it out. Dang it it just look to nice to start pulling parts off of. They may not be rare but they are getting harder to find this clean. and its in Abilene ,Tx white on red lwb wth a 292 i'll take som pics but i really suk at posting them but i will try :oops:
OK, let's get something straight! If he wouldn't sell it, then that's one thing. If you're worried about your wife, then you aren't a true "Slick-a-holic" :-). Sometimes, you've got to take a few frying pans to the head to get what you want. I'm just kidding, of course. I'm lucky, my wife is a "Slick" enabler.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
macgiobuin

Post by macgiobuin »

"Are you tinkering on that truck AGAIN?!?" is heard a lot at my house...
My Baby: 1966 F100
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Gritsngumbo wrote:
texas trux wrote:ok sorry no its not in my drive wy my wife would shoot me. No i didnt buy it said they wud make more parting it out. Dang it it just look to nice to start pulling parts off of. They may not be rare but they are getting harder to find this clean. and its in Abilene ,Tx white on red lwb wth a 292 i'll take som pics but i really suk at posting them but i will try :oops:
OK, let's get something straight! If he wouldn't sell it, then that's one thing. If you're worried about your wife, then you aren't a true "Slick-a-holic" :-). Sometimes, you've got to take a few frying pans to the head to get what you want. I'm just kidding, of course. I'm lucky, my wife is a "Slick" enabler.
me and Mrs Ice feel sorry for those who have to hide slicks,and be sneaky and fearful.
we were talking about it last week while doing firewood. she had a hard time understanding the complaining about a hobby/interest that keeps a guy home in the garage.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
slickmainer
United States of America

Post by slickmainer »

has to be better than sneaking away to a golf course, eh Tiger
--Gregg--
you can't get there from here
BMJ's 65

Post by BMJ's 65 »

There is a lot to be said about a hobby/interest that keeps a guy home in the garage, it's almost like blinders to my wife when I show up with "stuff" that I probably don't need. Sure it's more "stuff", but it's not "stuff" at the bar where she's not sure what is going on, or "stuff" that she has no clue what it is for.
What's in the garage at any given moment?

FE powered Bump
93 Lightning
66 Slick strewn all over the place
08 Taurus
13" Huffy W/ training wheels
Ford blue blood

Post by Ford blue blood »

Cars are my only hobby. She knew that when we married and we raised the kids in a 36 Chevy 2dr sdn (351C/FMX) going to rod runs. Always did the maintenance on our "street" vehicles, never lost money on a purchase/fix it/sell it deal and have even managed to keep a few (9). Yup, being in the shop is far superior to a bar, golf course or the woods IMHO.
Many great Fords,
Bill
jammck66

Post by jammck66 »

[/quote]

me and Mrs Ice feel sorry for those who have to hide slicks,and be sneaky and fearful.
we were talking about it last week while doing firewood. she had a hard time understanding the complaining about a hobby/interest that keeps a guy home in the garage.[/quote]

ICE, my wife feels the same way. It's great to know they are on the same page!! its like you said though, I could be out golfing, or at the bar, but I am at home!!
1966 F-100. Family heirloom. (the bale hauler)
2007 can-am outlander 800XT
2007 2500 dodge c/c s/b hemi. (JUNK!!!!)
2003 F-350 8" BDS lift. 6.0L-- BIG & FAST!-- looking for an automatic trans.
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

You could try "Golfing along the Appelachian Trail" and see how far you could get with that.

Fred
64FordSWB

Post by 64FordSWB »

My present wife and I agree, have for just shy of 20 yrs. I think she knew what she was in for when I crawled out from under a '27 Ford Roadster I was building, covered in grease from head to toe, got on one knee and asked if she would be my wife and enjoy this life with me forever. I wasn't sure however, when she screamed and ran off to the house. I later learned that she said yes (that's what she was screaming as she ran to tell my oldest daughter I'd finally asked her) not only to me, but to the knowing where I was every night, and who I was with (in the garage working on an old car or truck, with either her or one of a bunch of grumpy old guys). Now, when I talk about getting another old truck, the only reason she worries about where I'm going to put this one is cause we live in an apartment with only a one car garage............lol. If I figure out the space problem, she doesn't care how many I bring home, she knows I make money on most or at least break even on the ones I feel NEED to be saved. Now if I could only talk her into getting rid of her Ford 500 and letting me find her something like one of the many Slicks out there for sale. I think if I find one with AC and AT, I could make that sale.......lol
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

I gave up alot of cool stuff due to wives (now exs). Funny thing about the last one - I ended up back into Slicks because she told me "You need to do something that is for just you" so I bought another Slick.
Rose kind of likes me to "only have one project at a time" however she does just love the 61 Uni I may be getting soon, won't get any guff over that one, lol. Working on arranging things to get it bought now. That isn't a wrinkle in the 1/4 in the second pic - it shines that well.

Shame when some @ss will part something nice out in the name of profit but won't sell it intact.
Found a 1985 Mustang GT 5 speed Convertible on Ebay listed as parts once - mind you there were only a maximum of about 2500 of these made and this was a Nice car. I asked the guy why it parts and if he would sell the car intact. He said
"I get more parting it out and I have another one. They only made about 2500 of them (I already knew this) and the more of them I scrap, the more mine is worth."
I sent him a response to his answer but the filters on the site won't let me type it here, lol. Good thing I wasn't face to face with him - may have been more than words exchanged.

[albumimg]5243[/albumimg]

[albumimg]5244[/albumimg]
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.