Project Rejuvenate Gene: My 64 F100

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Cipher43
United States of America

Project Rejuvenate Gene: My 64 F100

Post by Cipher43 »

Hello all. I'm new to the forums and figured I would start a project thread and post up some pictures of my future project. Its a 64 F100 that was originally my Grandpas pickup for many years. He sold it to my uncle and he has decided to give it to me since I'm the only one in the family showing interest in it. For now this will mainly be a repair on major items that are needing it and will be a full blown frame off resto in the future. I also may be getting my Grandpas 64 Galaxie 500 my uncle has and start on it first. That means I will have 3 projects that were all my Grandpas to start with (69 F100, 64 F100, and 64 Galaxie 500 4dr)

Here are some pics of the start of our rescue.

originally came with a 223 I6 but was converted to a 352 that was rebuilt right before it was parked 12 years ago

rickairmedic

Re: Project Rejuvenate Gene: My 64 F100

Post by rickairmedic »

Welcome to Slick 60's looks like Grandpa left a couple of decent trucks behind to be redone . The pics make the 64 look pretty decent looks like some surface rust " patina " :D but not much rust through . I gotta ask is the Galaxie blue :D.

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

:welcome:
I wish my grandpa left me a collection of vehicles like that :thumright: Pics look decent from here
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
dbrady

Post by dbrady »

Wow - exterior trim, steel inner rims, interior step, interior door and trim for the door panels. Great start!
Darren

2010 F150
1967 Mustang Coupe
1966 F100
Cipher43
United States of America

Post by Cipher43 »

rickairmedic wrote:Welcome to Slick 60's looks like Grandpa left a couple of decent trucks behind to be redone . The pics make the 64 look pretty decent looks like some surface rust " patina " :D but not much rust through . I gotta ask is the Galaxie blue :D.

Rick

Thanks guys

actually the Galaxie has amost all of its paint because its spent most of its life in a shed and its that odd cream color. Its been parked in the same spot since 1985 so its gonna need alot of help but i plan on giving it just that. Now I need to find a forum for it so I will be set with fordification.com for the 69, slick60s for the 64 and something for the Galaxie
Cipher43
United States of America

Post by Cipher43 »

ThinLizzy13 wrote::welcome:
I wish my grandpa left me a collection of vehicles like that :thumright: Pics look decent from here
dbrady wrote:Wow - exterior trim, steel inner rims, interior step, interior door and trim for the door panels. Great start!
actually I am quite lucky. If either of them would have been a 4x4 another one of my uncles would have ruined them by making them hunting rigs so thank god for 2 wheel drive. and as far as body goes the passenger fender has a cancer spot but we can cut that out not too bad so all i really need to get is a tailgate for it that looks good even though the original is in the back its chewed up kinda bad.