changing Fords

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Alan Mclennan
Australia

changing Fords

Post by Alan Mclennan »

I have decided to flick my Transit van and have bought a 2015 Ranger XLT supercab Hirider, with 3.2 diesel / 6 speed auto pick up. I wonder how long I`ll have to wait..... :|

http://www.ford.com.au/commercial/range ... vQodQzMKqw
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Casey 65
United States of America

Re: changing Fords

Post by Casey 65 »

Good looking truck Mac!
"One Test Result is Worth One Thousand Expert Opinions" - Werner von Braun
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

You should bring a couple of those badboys with you to slickstock and sell them to us poor Ranger deprived Americans :thumright:
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
Flatiron7
United States of America

Post by Flatiron7 »

Great looking truck Alan. There is Media information that Ford is going to re-lease the Ford Ranger again here in the US in the 2018 model year. GM is having great success with their mid size Colorado series. Sure wish I could get a Diesel Crew Cab Ranger. Enjoy your new truck.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Thanks guys, I didn`t know that they stopped selling Rangers in the US, I did know that you could only get petrol models tho and that would suck big time.
I think I would have a better chance of selling one of these off .. http://www.motoring.com.au/final-fpv-pu ... led-44080/

If we all pooled our money maybe ! :shock:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

I dig it. love the orange one too.

I would buy one of the new bronco;s but I got a F150 that I love- so no new vehicles for me. I still need to pay out a ton for the F100. Lots of work to do on that one.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

How does the auto start/stop feature affect ac when sitting at a light? Are the AC systems electric driven like on the hybrids here in the states?
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

orangeRcode wrote:How does the auto start/stop feature affect ac when sitting at a light? Are the AC systems electric driven like on the hybrids here in the states?
:shock: Good question, I'll let you know after the 15th January. the electric steer was a surprise to me, was putting it in Beryl my other Slick.. :wink:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

I wouldn't count on a new Bronco; just don't believe it will happen! We'll be lucky to see the return of the Raptor. Same old story, time after time. Straight from my dealer; "oh, yeah, you'll be wanting to trade your Bronco on a '97! They"ll be the new body style. The two door probably won't be here until mid '96" ( the "new F-150" was available January 1, 1996). Still waiting, still got the "old" Bronco! "You'll really want to upgrade your Lightning; the new one will have over 450 horsepower, it'll be based on the new body style, and will utilize the a/c system to cool the supercharged induction air"! Still waiting, quickly shed the "old" L, though! "Lincoln will NEVER quit the two door market, there will always be a large market for luxury sports coupes". Ya'll know the rest!
BTW, I seem to remember an early '80's diesel Ranger. I may be incorrect, though!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

Paul - there was a ranger with a Diesel engine. I think they only did it for a couple years though. Dodge did it too with their "dodge 50 " which was the Dakota I believe.
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
colt22
United States of America

Post by colt22 »

Great looking truck. I too wish Ford would get back to making Rangers in the U.S. What is the mileage supposed to be with the diesel?
I have a 2004 Ranger and only get about 16 mpg. Likely get 2x that with the diesel.
tomsrod
United States of America

Post by tomsrod »

I saw one in France a month or so ago as we were driving down the highway. It looked really nice from what I could see, wish I could've gotten a better look. I only saw one full-size truck, a late model F150. Not many trucks at all over there, mostly funny looking, boxy mini vans. So I wonder why the sell Rangers over there and not here still as there would be a larger market for it. As I recall they cost nearly as much as a F150 and were nearing the same size as a F150. A guy I spoke with at an auto show a few years back said there was talk that it was coming back, possibly called the F100. I'm not counting on it.

Pat
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

ThinLizzy13 wrote:Paul - there was a ranger with a Diesel engine. I think they only did it for a couple years though. Dodge did it too with their "dodge 50 " which was the Dakota I believe.
Yep, the first ones had a very good but gutless (59 hp) Perkins. In about '84, they went to a slightly less gutless Mitsubishi. That was the reasoning for questioning my ever-weakening memory. I knew I had read of both; but thought they might have been conversions. looks as if they still command a premium; maybe just from sheer un-availability!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

colt22 wrote:Great looking truck. I too wish Ford would get back to making Rangers in the U.S. What is the mileage supposed to be with the diesel?
I have a 2004 Ranger and only get about 16 mpg. Likely get 2x that with the diesel.
Took awhile to find and convert 9LTR per 100 Km's / 31 mpg, you weren`t far off the mark Colt22 !, I imagine in real life it will be less tho! :roll:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

great looking truck,, what will it cost to get one here,, Alan thanks for sharing
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Alan Mclennan wrote:I have decided to flick my Transit van and have bought a 2015 Ranger XLT supercab Hirider, with 3.2 diesel / 6 speed auto pick up. I wonder how long I`ll have to wait..... :|

http://www.ford.com.au/commercial/range ... vQodQzMKqw
Seems to have several things in common with my slicks: About the same torque (had to get out my digital torque wrench to convert!); and similar vibration from the steering when departing the straight and narrow!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
colt22
United States of America

Post by colt22 »

Not bad fuel mileage. We need those here in the states!
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

Toyz wrote:
ThinLizzy13 wrote:Paul - there was a ranger with a Diesel engine. I think they only did it for a couple years though. Dodge did it too with their "dodge 50 " which was the Dakota I believe.
Yep, the first ones had a very good but gutless (59 hp) Perkins. In about '84, they went to a slightly less gutless Mitsubishi. That was the reasoning for questioning my ever-weakening memory. I knew I had read of both; but thought they might have been conversions. looks as if they still command a premium; maybe just from sheer un-availability!
Paul
I think their priceyness is directly related to their uncommoness lol. I'd love to try one out. I read in a dodge forum once of a guy claiming to get 40+ mpg in his D50 with it's little diesel engine. I wouldn't mind those stats.
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL